Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Priceline
USD 43
View deal
Free cancellation until 04/11/21
Orbitz.com
Booking.comUSD 48
TravelocityUSD 44
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I spent 4 nights at the ryokan and found the premise and my single room clean, quiet, and well equipped. The staff was courteous and helpful. I particularly appreciate its location in Asakusa and its proximity to the metro line. Probably the best value for a good accommodation in Tokyo.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Davidalexanderc
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stayed at the hostel part of the Ryokan, was amazingly clean always, people were very respectful so you never have problems with noise, its a five min walk to the train station 3 min to a 24 hrs supermarket and 2 min to a family mart or 7 eleven, the big temple is very very near by, so it's a nice walk to do thru the night with a beer in hand bought from a vending machine lol :D the staff was very very friendly and they always try to help you. we also had aircon in our room wich was very very necessary since outside was hot and humid. yeah the rooms are small but that is the way all the hotels and hostels are in japan, i thought this was very very nice place to stay did i mentioned clean? haha

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank creativeclauds
Reviewed 18 August 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here during our recent honeymoon, and I have to say this was the best ryokan I've ever stayed at. The location is nice and quiet, yet near enough to the temple in Asakusa to walk. The owners were very friendly, and could speak very good English. Our room was clean, had our own western-style toilet and shower/bath, digital television, and comfortable futons. In the lobby was plenty of local information to read, such as handouts that gave directions to major destinations in Tokyo, the weeks' weather, or local events. A great ryokan that has the experience of a traditional Japanese inn mixed with the comfort of western utilities.

Room tip: Rooms upstairs would probably be quieter. Some rooms have futons, some have bunkbeds.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erik N
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Easy to find from Ueno Station, 5 minutes by subway, then 5 minute walk. They sent me an email with detailed directions, which was great. Quiet comfy room, not new, but very clean. Tatami room with genkan. Nice green tea set on traditional table with pillow. Rooftop laundry was a fair stair climb, but plenty of space to hang up your washing. Free internet available in the lobby, friendly English speaking staff. You can't get better value for money so close to the Yamanote Line.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank rosetaree
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Finding the ryokan was easy with the website given directions but having to carry the luggage through a change of JR trains and subway and stairs was tough. My friend and I stayed in a bunk bedroom with ensuite for JPY6000 per night. The building looks old, room was very small and mattress was thin. The room is suited more for a single rather than twin sharing and was so cramped that we both had to maneuver ourselves within the room with hardly enough space for both of us to sit down. The ensuite with the Japanese bathtub was also very small. We couldn't book a bigger room which only costs JPY7000 because it was fully booked during the peak period. There is a fridge for common sharing located on the 1st floor that we stayed at. Just make sure you label your name and room no. You have to do a lot of self service meaning you have to dispose your own garbage to a common garbage area which are divided into two; recyclable and non recyclable, bring the thermos flask down to the reception for hot water to be refilled and to get a change of new towels. Having said that, the ryokan handed out slips of paper upon checking in and which provided very good tips on tourist sites within and outside the Asakusa area including the transportation mode. The ryokan provides wi-fi throughout the building, is very well located within Asakusa near the Senjoji temple, Rox department store and Kappa-bashi kitchenware Street. The reception staff are helpful and one of them even helped me to carry my heavy luggage up the 1st floor. Making our way to the subway after checking out was tough as it was a distance to walk to the subway which links directly to Haneda Airport. It was value for money in a good touristy but not busy location which my Japanese friend calls it a senior citizens' area because of its slower pace. I enjoyed staying in the area but I don't think I will go back for a repeat stay in the ryokan.

Room tip: pay more and go for a bigger room, it is worth spending to have a bigger space.
Date of stay: May 2012