All reviews minami senju bean pillow mini fridge bathrooms toilets small closet beer vending machine air con hot water communal kitchen by western standards convenient location easy access budget bunk tv shower pans
Reviewed 1 October 2016

Palace Japan and other building are simply awesome and different from you have seen in Occident. except for the skyscrapers and the crowed cities full of pollution,. Good city to start your journey around stung Japan, Sayonara baby,

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

When we arrived at the hotel we got a lovely welcome and was ready for a nice stay. The room was clean and nice looking (room for two). But when we got to sleeping we realised what was ahead... No sleep, only pain. It may look like a bed but it feels like the floor. In the morning our bodies hurt all over and we were tired as f... So we checked out and found a new hotel.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steffen L
Reviewed 31 July 2016

Fairly close to the subway. A little longer if accessing from the JR lines as the entrance is on the far side.
We booked a twin room. This is not a western standard of twin and was in fact bunk beds. When I say bed, I mean a very thin mattress on top of a wooden board. The pillows were Japanese style, ie extremely uncomfortable and filled with plastic tubing not down. Without my inflatable pillows under my head and hips I'm not sure I'd have survived.
There was a small desk and cupboard area. Each bunk had a TV, but each time we used the remote one TV would turn off and the other on.
The wash rooms were shared and cleaned between 9 and 10am daily. And were 23 hours though they ask not to use the hair dryer after 11pm. There were 3 toilets and urinals for men yet only one for women.
There was a fridge in the room. The kitchen area downstairs had a kettle, microwave and toaster. There was also coin operated washing machines.
The staff tried their best to help but English is very limited.

Room Tip: Please be aware that a twin room is bunkbeds and bathrooms are shared.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2016

Very impression this hotel when arrived at Tokyo.
I booked private single room on 8th Floor so this is only women.
The room is small but enough for 1 person,. toilet and bathroom are very clean.
The hotel nears UENO where you can shopping around there.
If I go to Tokyo next time. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2016

Room is a bit smallish, but that is normal for Tokyo. Bathroom facilities on each floor are large enough, but there is only one women toilet per floor. Plenty for men. Although it is a hostel, it is not necessarily only for young people, families with small children can also be accommodated. Just really watch out for stairs on bunk bed, this can be dangerous. There is a small fridge in a room, so you can keep some food. There is a kitchen on ground floor so you can cook and eat your own food. Really friendly atmosphere 7-11 store close by. There is no-one during the night at the reception, but you get what you pay for.
There were wireless Internet issues, I guess this is not secured enough. There was also some problems with reservations (language issues, so we were given 1 day less and was almost forced out of our room, but it was sorted out). It is relatively close to a JR station so if you have a JR pass it is OK. Peaceful neighbourhood.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family