All reviews minami senju bean pillow mini fridge bathrooms toilets small closet beer vending machine air con hot water communal kitchen by western standards convenient location easy access budget bunk tv shower pans
Reviewed 31 July 2016

Fairly close to the subway. A little longer if accessing from the JR lines as the entrance is on the far side.
We booked a twin room. This is not a western standard of twin and was in fact bunk beds. When I say bed, I mean a very thin mattress on top of a wooden board. The pillows were Japanese style, ie extremely uncomfortable and filled with plastic tubing not down. Without my inflatable pillows under my head and hips I'm not sure I'd have survived.
There was a small desk and cupboard area. Each bunk had a TV, but each time we used the remote one TV would turn off and the other on.
The wash rooms were shared and cleaned between 9 and 10am daily. And were 23 hours though they ask not to use the hair dryer after 11pm. There were 3 toilets and urinals for men yet only one for women.
There was a fridge in the room. The kitchen area downstairs had a kettle, microwave and toaster. There was also coin operated washing machines.
The staff tried their best to help but English is very limited.

Room Tip: Please be aware that a twin room is bunkbeds and bathrooms are shared.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2016

Very impression this hotel when arrived at Tokyo.
I booked private single room on 8th Floor so this is only women.
The room is small but enough for 1 person,. toilet and bathroom are very clean.
The hotel nears UENO where you can shopping around there.
If I go to Tokyo next time. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2016

Room is a bit smallish, but that is normal for Tokyo. Bathroom facilities on each floor are large enough, but there is only one women toilet per floor. Plenty for men. Although it is a hostel, it is not necessarily only for young people, families with small children can also be accommodated. Just really watch out for stairs on bunk bed, this can be dangerous. There is a small fridge in a room, so you can keep some food. There is a kitchen on ground floor so you can cook and eat your own food. Really friendly atmosphere 7-11 store close by. There is no-one during the night at the reception, but you get what you pay for.
There were wireless Internet issues, I guess this is not secured enough. There was also some problems with reservations (language issues, so we were given 1 day less and was almost forced out of our room, but it was sorted out). It is relatively close to a JR station so if you have a JR pass it is OK. Peaceful neighbourhood.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Our family of 4 stayed in a dormitory type room. It had 2 comfortable bunk beds, a little ref and a TV which we never even used. We each had a small closet which could fit our cabin-sized luggage. Since the bed is long, I told everyone to prepare the clothes and toiletries needed for the duration of our stay and stack them in neat piles at the foot of the beds. This way, our luggage were not in the way. The room is small but well planned. We replaced our wet towels everyday at the lobby so there was no problem looking for a place to hang them. The shower was right across our room and it was always clean. The toilet was hi-tech. Loved it. We also cooked breakfast in their little kitchen. We bought fruits and eggs and other ingredients in a little grocery around the corner. Great value! The hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the JR station. If you have luggage, there are elevators on both ends of the ramp. Wish we knew about this on our first day. Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank cesbreyn
Reviewed 13 April 2016

This is not a typical japanese guest-house but more like hostel. Single, double or dormitory rooms are available. Western-style beds are provided instead of Japanese futon tatami. Room has AC, mini-fridge and TV. Bath towels, face towel and toothbrush provided. There is also a mini closet to hang clothes but perhaps they should provide a railing to hang wet towels. I opened the large window to dry my towel outside but its not easy to jump out the window to the balcony. In addition to shared showeroom and toilets, there is bathtub on each floor! Lastly, I'm shocked with the high-tech toilet! It lifts its own cover, has a washlet (which is everywhere in Japan), flushes itself and closed the cover automatically! What's next for Japanese high-tech toilets? hehe

Stayed: April 2016