“Authentic food from Kerala with a friendly atmosphere”
Review of South Park

South Park
Ranked #408 of 5,391 Restaurants in Taito
Price range: USD 7 - USD 31
Neighbourhood: Ueno, Asakusa
Description: The Homely Cuisine from Kerala South Park is a place where you will experience the flavours of traditional homely Kerala cooking. We would like to bring you rare and unique recipes from our hometown, exotic dishes which our grand mothers and aunts made and those from our own home. Kerala though a small state, the tastes differ a lot from place to place. For example, the famous Meen Chatty Curry(Fish curry made in earthen pot) differ in the way it is made in different parts of Kerala. In most parts of Kerala, 'Kudam puli'(Gambooge) is used to give that delectable flavor, but in some areas 'Puli' (Tamarind) is used and in some other parts only Tomatoes are used. Similarly Coconut which is one of the major ingredient in most of the Kerala dishes, is used in Meen Chatty curry in some parts of Kerala.
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I was happy to find an authentic South Indian restaurant in Tokyo, where all the staff were from South India and the food was authentic, delicious and served with a smile.

The fish kerala set meal was lovely. Will definitely be back!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Authentic and awesome South Indian food. Brought back my memories of when I visited Kerala. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 7 April 2018

I just visited this restaurant today with my parents after spending the day in Sensoji Temple area. It was the perfect way to end the day. Its located a 5 min walk from the temple. The server was very pleasant and courteous and the food was fresh and flavorful. Good selection of vegetarian and non vegetarian dishes. We ordered Masala Dosa, Brinjal/eggplant curry in coconut sauce(yummy) and poori. We were licking our fingers. The price is also reasonable compared to other indian restaurants in town.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank ToralP12
Reviewed 24 October 2017

[Review based on 3 visits]

I love south Indian cuisine and that of Kerala in particular.

This was my third visit (lunch) and time for me to write a review.

As a foreword, it is worth mentioning that the chef/owners Raj and Asha are just about the nicest people you could meet on this planet. As is their wonderful chief waiter Modish.

But you don't come here for the company, nice as it is.

You come for the food and OMG is it good?

They regularly host special menu events for their enthusiastic crowd of followers but most of them are in the evening so I have not been able to attend one yet. Follow them on facebook or twitter if you want to keep up-to-speed on forthcoming events.

For lunch, you cannot take a step wrong if you order one of their "Kerala Meals" from the Lunch Menu. Veg & Non-Veg. Both ¥1,200.

Take a look at the photos.

Or; "Look and drool..."

Unless you live in Taitō-ku you are most likely to find yourself in Asakusa if you have friends in town who want to visit the famous Sensō-ji temple.

So if you want the best south Indian cooking that Tokyo has to offer, do yourself a favour and combine your Sensō-ji trip with a visit to South Park Kerala.

Top marks to this place every time.

Date of visit: October 2017
2  Thank tokyobookman
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Stumbled into this restaurant after a long morning of walking and we wanted to take a quick break.

Beyond the most fabulous chicken tandoori with curry, the service was genuinely friendly. Our server not only helped us charge our multiple phone devices, he also gave us free mango smoothies as a welcome gift to Japan.

We didn't plan on eating Indian food in Japan, but I have to say that this was one of my favorite meals and memories.

Date of visit: April 2017