All reviewsueno parktwin bedsrecommend this hotelrooms are smallwalking distancegooglemapstationbeddingtokyoameyokoneighborhood
Reviewed 8 December 2015 via mobile

The hotel is placed in one of the main areas of Tokyo, very close to Ueno station. The area is quiet and there is a small shopping area inside the station.

The hotel is classic, quiet and you can find all basics stuff you need for a few days.

The staff was nice and helpful. With some refurbishment it would be better.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2015 via mobile

For this price you can't ask for more. You will find a typical kimono for your stay (with a funny smell) and tiny rooms but we had a lovely stay. On check out they kept our luggage for the afternoon and they were, as usual, very friendly and polite. The person at the desk doesn't speak much english but at the end we understood each other. We saw a little cockroach but I quickly killed it and we didn't see any other. Ueno station is very close to the hostel and also Asakusa temple. If you go on a budget I recommend it

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2015

I stayed at Hotel New Tohoku for my first night in Tokyo, before joining a guided group tour of Japan the following day.

Having never been to Tokyo before I wanted to stay somewhere that was easily accessible after a long flight. I travelled by local train from Narita Airport and the hotel was around an eight minute walk from Ueno Station. I would strongly advise you to connect to the free WiFi at the station and Google Map the hotel, then simply follow the little blue arrow! It's actually quite easy to find, but trying to read a printed out map would have been a nightmare.

I was greeted at the hotel by a really sweet lady who kindly let me check in early and showed me to my ground floor room. The room was compact, clean and comfortable. In fact so comfortable that I fell asleep, awoke early evening and ended up exploring the streets of Asakusa and Ueno until the early hours!

I didn't have the breakfast so can't comment on that, but if I remember correctly you can help yourself to coffee until 10am.

Upon check out I met the owner, a lovely lady whose English is excellent having spent time in the UK. She was utterly charming and clearly enjoys interacting with guests from all over the world. I wish I'd been able to stay longer, as I would have loved to have explored Ueno properly. This is a good budget accommodation in a quiet backstreet of Ueno. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2015

I went there on Mar 15. So good Hotel around Ueno, Tokyo, small but clean, good service midne of Staff. Nearly the Ueno station, Keisei Express way from the Airport and Subway. We can walk to Ameyoko Market. So convenient and comfortably. I Recommend this hotel. Absolutely I'll be back again when I have a trip to TOKYO.

Cheer!

Mama Juthamars
Bangkok, Thailand

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MamJuthamars
Reviewed 13 October 2015

room is small but still comfortable to stay with good wifi connection if you stay on lower floor,good location to ueno station,food can be found around the hotel area and shopping can be done near ueno station.

Room Tip: rooms at lower floor have better wifi connection
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple