“Bed bugs in Room 410!!!”

Toyoko Inn Ikebukuro Kita-guchi 2
Ranked #24 of 55 Hotels / Ryokan in Toshima
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Am still staying here and have found numerous bedbug bites all over my legs, the only part of my body not covered when I'm sleeping. The room looks really clean, so I'm shocked that this happened. Have never encountered bed bugs before so have no idea what to do about it. The hotel did change my room but I wonder if that will stop the bugs from getting to my house when I eventually go h

• Stayed: January 2011

Reviewed 10 December 2011

Close to the Ikebukuro station, free internet. We found the hotel with only a little wandering. They don't always turn on the lighted hotel name sign at night, we discovered the next day, when we had a hard time finding it again. The breakfast was filling, but repetitious. They served the same thing every day. I found the repeated choruses of "ohiyo gozaimasu" from the servers pretty entertaining.

This hotel seems to be mostly aimed at the Japanese salaryman or small family and should have been fine. However, our experience is that they've started letting in some of the "street trade" from the nearby area. Two nights out of four we had noise problems. On our first night, a party of 4 checked in next door and by 11 pm were in the midst of a loud drinking party, waking us up. My husband went to the desk and asked to be moved, which we quickly were. On the last night we were again awakened at 3 am by some guy having loud headboard-banging sex with two women right against our shared wall. I don't care about what other people get up to, but we really don't appreciate the noise waking us up.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed for two nights at the end of our trip to Japan. Great to be able to get the Narita Express from Ikebukuro Station (an easy walk away). Hotel and room rather basic, but everything fine. And good to have free internet via a cable in your room. The road is probably the closest Tokyo gets to a "dodgy area", which really isn't that close. The eating floors (11 to 15, I think) of the big shopping centre at the station (Tobu) are worth a looking round and serve good food at a variety of prices.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2011

It is just within walking distance from the North Exit of the Ikebukuro station. Staff can speak little English and service is great. No frills but have everything you need. Free internet in the room and there are computers provided in the lobby. Room rate comes with breakfast. It has sandwiches, onigiri, noodles, miso soup, juice and bread (may vary a little). Just be sure to be early for breakfast as when it runs out, it runs out.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2011

i have been staying with the toyoko inn group for all my trips in japan and it never fails to disappoint me. even though the room is small but it meets all my basic requirements from my budget to the service.

- clean & neat room.
- toilet was good too.
- free internet
- free breakfast. i loved their breakfast!! great onigiri, pasta salad & miso soup prepared by the obsans!

this particular branch is awesome too! the location is good, about 5min walk to the station - ikebukuro north. ikebukuro has almost everything. there's also narita express that goes straight to the station. also, being a chinese, i'm able to communicate well with the staff there as there will be at least one chinese working there..

overall, i'll def be back here again!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends