All reviews the red light district kinshicho station rugby league marriott platinum ironing room new concept noodles loved this hotel room design folding table director of operations fun hotel favorite hotel luggage rack two blocks welcome drink yogurt
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Moxy in Tokyo for more than a week during my trip to Japan. I knew the Moxy concept and I knew what I could expect...from the moment I arrived to the moment I checked out the staff and the hotel went over and above my expectations!
The place is nothing but cool and modern and extra clean, very close to the metro line and in a quiet area.
The staff was super friendly and guest oriented always smiling and ready to help.
I love the Moxy brand and I highly suggest staying here when in Tokyo for both business or leisure.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
moxyt, Director of Operations at Moxy Tokyo Kinshicho, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Dodi1972,

Thank you very much for leaving a 5 star review for us!
The crew and I really appreciate that you took the time to give us such a reward.
We are happy you love our concept and you felt looked after by our crew.
Your compliments make us proud and we promise we will continue with giving our best.

We hope we will see you again #ATTHEMOXY

Reviewed 31 March 2018

A group of friends decided to stay at this property for our trip to Tokyo. While the hotel is relatively new (opened in Nov 2017) and the initial reviews were mixed, I have to say that we had an absolutely great time at this hotel for the 4 nights we were here. The place had such a neat vibe. It smelled amazing in the lobby, the check in counter was at the bar (which happens to be open 24/7). Breakfast was amazing. There's board games and a foosball table in the lobby. All the gym equipment was new.

We stayed in standard rooms, and the rooms were surprisingly spacious for a hotel in Japan. As an SPG member that usually stays at SPG properties, it honestly felt like I was staying at a smaller, more homely W hotel, when looking at the modern decor and design.

Service from everyone I interacted with was fantastic, with a special shout out to Khalif who gave us some great local food recommendations. While the location is in a bit of a red light district, the girls in our group felt safe walking alone at night (it is Japan after all), and the hotel is a 5 min walk from a major JR rail train station. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by our stay and I definitely want to experience other Moxy hotels in the future. I would definitely stay at Moxy Tokyo again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Nik R
moxyt, Director of Operations at Moxy Tokyo Kinshicho, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Nik R,

Thank you so much for your kind words and of course for taking the time to leave a review for us!
The crew and I feel very rewarded when reading your feedback and it is definitely a great motivation for us to keep up the good work.
We are happy to see you and your friends had a good time and find our location conveniently close to public transport. As we have only two room types (queen or twin) we tried to use the space as best as we could to ensure our guests feel comfortable. Besides, our kitchen team is proud to hear you enjoyed our breakfast.

Hopefully, we can welcome you back soon #ATTHEMOXY

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I had a change in travel plans and ended up spending an unscheduled night in Tokyo. I have stayed in many different hotels and areas in Tokyo, but was curious to see what Marriott was offering at the MOXY. Although very different from other hotels in Japan and other Marriotts, I was very pleased with my experience there. From the time I entered the hotel, I was greeted by two friendly and enthusiastic team members; Asami san and Maiko san. I have a firm belief that if employees enjoy working in a place, the customers will enjoy their experience. I had a very interesting conversation with the Director of Operations, Anne (who was ready available and very visible) who helped me to understand some of the concepts and challenges that they have been experiencing since opening this MOXY in Tokyp My room at the MOXY was larger than other hotel rooms in Tokyo, very clean with a comfortable bed and bathroom. The amenities were at a minimum, but still able to provide everything I needed for my stay. I had many opportunities to smile while I was there and would happily stay there again, if the opportunity presents it self. One of the only areas to suggest improvement would be the size of the large latte, (needs to be bigger ;>)

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank globetraveler2018
moxyt, Director of Operations at Moxy Tokyo Kinshicho, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear globetraveler2018,

The crew and i would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review for us.
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your first stay #ATTHEMOXY and we could make you feel relaxed.
The laid back new Moxy concept is definitely different from traditional hospitality concept and we are proud to be part of it.
Your compliments are rewarding and we certainly hope you will visit us again; of course at the Moxy Tokyo Kinshicho!

Cheers!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

This hotel was great. I was traveling with a 12 yr old and we had a great time. The games were fun. And the atmosphere super inviting. One morning when we were tired we opted to hand in the lobby and play 1980's Super Mario and Uno.

The room was amazing and clean. The shower was one of the best I have seen in a hotel. It is equipped with shower gel and conditioning shampoo. The amenities kit was great and more then I expected. It has a toothbrush / toothpaste /hair brush / file / hair tie / ect. And the beds were very comfortable.

The location was across the street from a market as well as a 7 11. and is only about 5 min to the train station. Which had some great places to eat upstairs.

I asked for a late check out and the crew gate me up until 4pm.....which was amazing. Also, they had safes and lockers that are right by the elevator. Some large enough to store luggage in. They were really convienent and appreciated.

Overall between the excellent staff and hotel I would love to stay again......

• Trip type: Travelled with family
moxyt, Director of Operations at Moxy Tokyo Kinshicho, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear Chris B,

Thank you for taking your own personal time to share your experience via this review.
The crew and I are very proud to receive such compliments - and this is what drives us!
Seeing you and your son enjoying the stay #ATTHEMOXY is what we aim for - every day, when we get up.
We thank you for your motivation to do our best.

Please let us know if you ever return to Tokyo - it is a must to welcome you both back!
Rest assured we will have your breakfast ready.

Cheers!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

If you're looking for typical, formal Japanese service this hotel will not be for you. There are no staff in white gloves popping out to grab your bags or open doors for you at this property. Staff, however, are incredibly helpful and I enjoyed the friendly, more casual service.

The room was fantastic, and probably the best laid out one I have seen in Japan. It didn't have a closet, but I found using the wall pegs hanging clothes to be far more convenient. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was great. Room was considerably larger than those found in typical, more expensive Japanese properties.

The hotel's breakfast buffet had western options that tasted far better than those I have found at expensive Japanese hotels. The dining area is nice, busy, social and informal--just the way I like it. Again, if you want white glove service, look elsewhere. Staff worked very hard and did a great job of keeping things stocked and fresh.

The hotel has a gym that is free of charge to use. This, in my experience, is unusual in Japan. Another real convenience is the hotel's coin laundry area--spotlessly clean, and simple to use.

The property's location is convenient. There are plenty of stores and restaurants in the area, but if you aren't exactly right in the middle of things where Tokyo's shopping or tourist attractions are concerned. JR Kinshicho station is about a 5-minute walk from the hotel, so getting around is easy.

If you want to stay in the middle of Shibuya, Shinjuku or Ginza, you'll pay a lot more for a smaller, less comfortable room with far fewer conveniences. If you enjoy a decent sized, very comfortable room in a hotel that is more fun, has great staff service and far more conveniences despite being slightly out of the way you should consider the Moxy. I enjoyed it and will stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank mdemde
moxyt, Director of Operations at Moxy Tokyo Kinshicho, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear mdemde,

First of all, a big thank you for writing such a detailed review for us.
The 5 star rating is a big reward for our crew and definitely an even bigger motivation to give our best - every day!
We appreciate the compliments, especially from a world traveler like you!
We enjoyed looking after you and chatting with you.
The crew and I love our new laid back way of hospitality and are happy to see our guests like it, too.

We hope we see you again, of course #ATTHEMOXY