“Loved Artnia”

Ranked #287 of 10,486 Restaurants in Shinjuku
Neighbourhood: Shinjuku
Neighbourhood: Shinjuku
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Was able to drag my wife here as it was “my thing” to do in Tokyo. Have play d Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest since the NES days. The Artnia is an adorable building with lots of fun toys to buy and look at. The game music in the background was nostalgic and relaxing. I enjoyed the showcase room with awesome figures of everyone’s favorite characters on display. We had eaten before going so we didn’t eat while we were there. I would like to buy the entire store and all the fluffy little creatures! Would definitely go back again!

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

The place is beautiful. Is next to the Square Enix building in the middle of the park. It has a lot merchan overall and the menu is acceptable. I had a penne carbonnara and a high-potion drink along with the pancakes. I was happy of enjoying my meal with the FF music in the background. Really calm and nice. The staff seems good but I miss the chat with the crew, since Im in a solo travel I would love the team to approach and talk about the store or whatever. I guess is due to the language barrier. I will definetely come back, is my second time here. Is better than the Square Enix cafe in Akihabara.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

It’s a extremely small cafe, not worth visiting! Was told to wait 30 minutes for their pancake. Waited an hour and pancake is still not here. A lady came, only waited 10 minutes. They have mixed up my order. Agreed with other reviewers. Not worth the visit. Should have seen their reviews before coming. Please read the reviews before visiting. I would vote for a NO to this cafe. Bad service... in Japan

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

We made a special trip here. The pancakes were fabulous but not as much retail stock to buy. I guess if you are going with the primary purpose of buying from your favourite games you might be disappointed pending your game.

Big shame there wasnt merchandise for Final Fantasy 15. There was only merchandise for some of the older games:

Final Fantasy 7
Dragon Quest
Romancing Saga.

Definitely recommend the pancakes! Service was a little slow and the 2 staff working were not as friendly or eager to be there. If you are going there for outstanding pancakes - you are going to absolutely love it!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Themed video games bar inside a kind of container. Here you can drink a potion (non alchoholic) to regain health lol. There are alcoholic drinks, salads, desserts, etc.
I got a Cloud parfait, my husband got Aerith parfait. Has an stunning decor and many gifts at the shop. Square video games fans can't miss it. I brought an Dragon Quest hour glass, a stuffed Tonberry and a Cactuar stress relief ball - has no thorns ;)