“Best hotel in Tokyo!!”
Review of Park Hyatt Tokyo

Park Hyatt Tokyo
Ranked #1 of 83 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I have stayed at this property a few times over the years and it is the best hotel in Tokyo in my opinion! The views are AMAZING!!! When you are in the hotel, you forget that you are in a bustling city for a second. The spa is a must do! The food is also fantastic there! The rooms are a little small but afterall it is Tokyo! The location is central. The service is impeccable. Stay here if you can afford the expensive rates.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank BforBoy

Reviewed 24 December 2011

The Park Hyatt in Shinjuku really took my breath away with its amazing views. I was there for business but wished that my girlfriend was there so share my joy of this amazing hotel.

Apart from its central location, friendly staff, and beautiful decor, the thing that I loved the most was the New York Bar and the swimming pool. Both offering fantastic views of the surroundings.

The rooms were just as you expect from Park Hyatt, with every bit of detail well thought of. The only think I can complain about is that sometimes I had trouble communicating with the staff in English. But hey, it is Japan, the same problem exists everywhere.

The team in the business centre was very helpful too.

Will definitely come back again when in Tokyo, either for work or for a bit of romance.

Room Tip: Try to stay as high up as possible and enjoy the views.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank CKLamster
Reviewed 20 December 2011

After staying here, I don't want to stay at any other hotel. It feels like you are a king; the experience from the moment you walk in is amazing!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 19 December 2011

It's a beautiful hotel with amazing views and understated elegance, but the real reason to stay here is the service and small touches each day. I've traveled to 5-star properties and backpacker hotels and PH had me saying "wow" multiple times during my 2-night stay.

The check-in is seamless and in my case they greeted me by name outside the hotel before I introduced myself and then whisked me to the room to check me in in the comfort of my room rather than the lobby.

The rooms are spacious and of course you've probably read about the view. One small touch: they leave a small line drawing that unfolds and shows the skyline as viewed from your room along with notes about which buildings are what and the things you are seeing. The bed was extremely comfortable and there are plenty of conveniences and amenities you'd expect ... high-end bath products, mini bar, wireless, etc... ice is refreshed for you twice a day. I was a tiny bit disappointed in the number of outlets - there were not enough.

We had room service and a drink in the NY Bar. Both were good, but pricey (as expected). If you'd like to avoid the $25USDpp cover charge for the NY Bar then go up when they open at 5pm and enjoy sunset and be sure to leave by 8pm (or 7pm on a couple days). Another tip: if you aren't a member of the Hyatt Passport program you should join before coming. The program is free and entitles you to free room service coffee or tea each morning. This is typically $15USD and there is not an option to make your own coffee in the room. Another small touch: they leave a card on your coffee tray with a hand-written daily forecast!

The hotel is not "silent," but it is very quiet. Although we were able to hear the people staying above us one afternoon and one night the next door neighbor played very loud music, but I think that's the exception rather than the rule.

We did swing by the pool, but did not use it. We were told that bathing suits are provided. We liked the location away from the hustle and bustle and we enjoy walking so we saw a number of the busier districts by foot.

Check-out was simple and speedy and we're already looking forward to an excuse to come back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank OpEd
Reviewed 12 December 2011

What more can be said about the Park Hyatt Tokyo? I stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip and yes it is wonderful. The service is understated excellence. The concierge is always able to find a great restaurant recommendation. The views are outstanding. The decor is sublime. The rooms are perfection. The NY Grill Bar is a great lounge for a chill drink. Sitting at that bar made me think of Bill Murray and Scarlet Johansen in Lost in Translation. The pool and health club are spectacular and there is no place better to do a few laps with such a spectacular view than the pool on the top floor.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank FastEddddie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Hilton Tokyo
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
#8 of 83 in Shinjuku

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Shinjuku

Been to Park Hyatt Tokyo? Share your experiences!