“Everything was perfect 😀👍”

Lugdunum Bouchon Lyonnais
Ranked #52 of 10,531 Restaurants in Shinjuku
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Yotsuya, Iidabashi
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

I made a reservation via email prior to traveling to Tokyo. I found this restaurant through random search online. I am extremely pleased with my choice. This French restaurant locates in a small street near Iidabashi Station. The restaurant owner greeted us as soon as we arrived. The staff are welcoming and attentive. The food was very nicely presented and extremely tasty. Every time when a dish was presented in front of me it brought smiles to my face. My husband and I really like this restaurant. Thank you the restaurant owner Christofle for giving me a wonderful birthday surprise. I felt extremely touched by all the special arrangements for me. I will definitely come back when I visit Tokyo again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

This restaurant specialises in the cuisine of the Lyon area, which has an emphasis on meat, including items made from relatively unusual parts of animals (pig's ears and the like). In my opinion it is one of the best French restaurants in Tokyo, and it is reasonably priced, with a relatively informal brasserie-like atmosphere. On this occasion some delicious white asparagus stood out, and I also enjoyed the white boudin (sausage) studded with black truffle. The wine list is also excellent (and overwhelmingly French). You won't go wrong here.

1  Thank Jason J
Reviewed 15 October 2016

WE went for lunch and thought we were back in Old Lyon. Wonderful french food prepared with quality produce and cooked and presented with perfection. Wine list french and good value. We had a Santenay to accompany a lapin and a canard dish..perfect and amazing value. We paid less than half what we have been paying in Tokyo for not nearly the quality. A must if you are in Tokyo and a lovely area to walk around also. I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed here

1  Thank Russ1625
Reviewed 10 October 2016

An excellent French restaurant with attention to detail as is typical of Japanese people. Menu choices good and quality of ingredients excellent - seductively presented. Absolutely delicious food! The wine list is French focused, short but of high quality and good value. You may not know the labels, but perhaps that's why it is good value. Very sensibly put together. A great escape for the foreigner who needs a change from Japanese cuisine. Not cheap, but I would still say good value.

2  Thank 590robertz
Reviewed 8 September 2016

We came here for our wedding anniversary after many days of local food we thought it would be a change. The restaurant is in the French quarter so after a wander around this unusual area full of old traditional houses we found this restaurant, it was full but they fitted us in anyway. The food was delicious, we had 2 courses. My starter was the artichoke and shellfish, my husband had the deli platter. For our entre I had the quennelles and my husband had the duck. Everything was beautifully presented and tasted fabulous. My only criticism is the amount of bubbly wine poured in to our glasses!
As it was a celebration we ordered 2 glasses of sparkling wine, we got 75ml of wine for over 12$, not good value, considering the rest of the meal and bottle of wine was excellent value!