1,994 results
All reviews the executive lounge shibuya station sky view room top floor corner room star hotel minute walk mt fuji business hotel city view park hyatt excellent hotel spacious room amazing views lost in translation tokyo standards japanese standards
Reviewed 9 January 2015

My third or fourth stay at this property in Shibuya and it does consistently well. The value for money is not tremendously good as you pay a premium for this 4 star stay. The real selling features besides prime location are the rooms which are massive for Tokyo and have decent views. The tower is raised in a podium so even the lower rooms have city views. You can usually see mount Fuji from your window if facing the right direction. Service can be hit or miss and there is a certain coldness and aloofness that sometimes arises. The lobby can be a bit of a rush-hour disaster at peak times as well. Otherwise it's an expensive but luxurious little oasis in the capital.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2015

Recommended. This is a high rise hotel where rooms start on the 23rd floor and go up to 39th floor. Rooms are a generous size. Each has a huge picture windows looking out over Tokyo with no tall buildings nearby to obscure the view. A view of Mt. Fuji if you are lucky. Bathrooms are large with the shower seperate to the bath. Has one of those complicated toilets with bidet. Hotel is near Shibuya station and the dense shopping area. Shibuya has the worlds busiest pedestrian crossing. Pricing for food at the hotel is high, you get much better deals in nearby Shibuya which is crowded with restaurants. You even have the pay 300 yen for a tea bag in your room. Go to the nearby Tokyu department store which has a big foodhall including western foods (you can get 50 twinings teabags for 400 yen). There is a 7/11 store in the building for snacks and drinks. Still charging for internet access 1080 yen per day although it is free in Shibuya generally if you are a tourist. Staff are very helpful and the Airport Limuosine Bus stops here. Good metro access to most interest areas in Tokyo.

Room Tip: Try to get one with a view of Mt. Fuji. Stunning at sunrise and sunset.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2015

This Hotel is an amazing place to be when visiting Tokyo. The view is breath taking and the service almost spotless. Yes, I said almost...

My flight arrived in Tokyo early morning. Knowing that, I specifically called the Hotel few days prior to my arrival to ask for an early checking. Problem is, my room was not ready when I arrived and I was ask to wait 1 hour and 45 minutes after a 14 hours flight plus trip from the air port (which isn't very near). I was exhausted and could have used a hot shower after over than 24 hours without cleaning myself. But I was kindly advised to to go check the surrounding area...
I felt it was quite inappropriate to ask to take a walk after I explained how tired I was.

Besides this unfortunate episode, I must confess it was a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: If you can ask a room with the view on mount Fuji, you will not regret it! Sun sets are priceless.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2015

We had a gorgeous view from our hotel room BUT an achingly hard bed, a buckwheat (or similar) pillow, no place to hang a towel (of course they had to be washed every day when there was no towel bar to put them on), no place for a woman's toiletries or makeup (and for that matter no makeup mirror), a grab bar to get out of the tub but not out of the shower, and the restaurant food was way overpriced. I will give a shoutout to the concierge crew. They were very helpful. Perhaps this is really a businessmen's hotel, but that's not how it was presented to us. My husband and I were there on our own for a few days. Regarding the question below -- is this a luxury hotel?, it may think of itself as one, but it's definitely not in our opinion.

Room Tip: Specify a room with a view on a high floor.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendy L
Reviewed 5 January 2015 via mobile

This is a nice hotels, location is great and rooms, even though small, are comfortable and well laid out. Where it falls for me , as a non Japanese speaker, the staff is stiff and not many have ability to help in english. They are efficient when they understand but not warm. Probably due to language barrier, but would not recommend unless your functional or want just location.

Stayed: January 2015