Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel
USD 249
USD 171
Trip.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 190/night.

Sakura Fleur Aoyama(Shibuya)(Great Value!)
USD 108
USD 90
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mets Shibuya(Shibuya)(Great Value!)
USD 151
  • Breakfast included
USD 371
USD 334
1,921 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeshibuya stationsky view roomtop floorcorner roomstar hotelmt fujiminute walkbusiness hotelcity viewexcellent hotelpark hyattspacious roomlost in translationtokyo standardsjapanese standardsfamous shibuya crossing
Reviewed 8 January 2015

This Hotel is an amazing place to be when visiting Tokyo. The view is breath taking and the service almost spotless. Yes, I said almost...

My flight arrived in Tokyo early morning. Knowing that, I specifically called the Hotel few days prior to my arrival to ask for an early checking. Problem is, my room was not ready when I arrived and I was ask to wait 1 hour and 45 minutes after a 14 hours flight plus trip from the air port (which isn't very near). I was exhausted and could have used a hot shower after over than 24 hours without cleaning myself. But I was kindly advised to to go check the surrounding area...
I felt it was quite inappropriate to ask to take a walk after I explained how tired I was.

Besides this unfortunate episode, I must confess it was a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: If you can ask a room with the view on mount Fuji, you will not regret it! Sun sets are priceless.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2015

We had a gorgeous view from our hotel room BUT an achingly hard bed, a buckwheat (or similar) pillow, no place to hang a towel (of course they had to be washed every day when there was no towel bar to put them on), no place for a woman's toiletries or makeup (and for that matter no makeup mirror), a grab bar to get out of the tub but not out of the shower, and the restaurant food was way overpriced. I will give a shoutout to the concierge crew. They were very helpful. Perhaps this is really a businessmen's hotel, but that's not how it was presented to us. My husband and I were there on our own for a few days. Regarding the question below -- is this a luxury hotel?, it may think of itself as one, but it's definitely not in our opinion.

Room Tip: Specify a room with a view on a high floor.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendy L
Reviewed 5 January 2015 via mobile

This is a nice hotels, location is great and rooms, even though small, are comfortable and well laid out. Where it falls for me , as a non Japanese speaker, the staff is stiff and not many have ability to help in english. They are efficient when they understand but not warm. Probably due to language barrier, but would not recommend unless your functional or want just location.

Stayed: January 2015
1  Thank Phoenixmontreal1
Reviewed 4 January 2015

Whenever we travel, my wife and I like to experience as much of a place as we possibly can and also have the luxury of going back to a quiet retreat at the end of the day. We wanted to experience the grittier side of Tokyo that Shibuya, Shinjuku, Harajuku and it's surrounding environs had to offer, but we knew that staying at a hotel right on top of the "Scramble" just won't do. The Cerulean, despite the mixed reviews, was our best option. It was also a plus that the hotel is a mere 5 minute walk from the Shibuya station which serves as a stop for the Narita Express.

The Cerulean is located across an 8 lane road from the Shibuya station. The neighborhood behind the hotel pleased us as it is quiet and affluent. The topography is hilly. Crisscrossed by narrow lanes that encourage a leisurely stroll. Home to the Shibuya Cultural Center, a scattering of cafes and restaurants, low-rise apartment buildings, small homes straight from an architectural magazine and a few old wooden houses, it is a world apart from what images of Shibuya usually convey.

The hotel is par for the course in Asia as far as 4 to 5 star hotels go. The modern lobby with its high ceilings, medium-toned wood paneling, immaculate dark tiled floors and floor to ceiling glass walls looking out onto a lush garden is imposing, dignified and elegant all at once. It was meant to be this way as The Cerulean is not a budget hotel. The restaurant beside the lobby has a split-level design to allow diners at the rear to also have a view of the garden. The rooms were huge. Really. And we had an amazing view of the mountains. As is expected in Japan, everything was up to spec. The decor was modern, but the medium tones brought the energy level down a notch. The bed and linens were fantastic. The bathroom was big and clean. For the amount of money we paid for it, we were surprised at how much we got. As it is in a mixed-use development, there is even a Family Mart (24 convenience store) and an Italian restaurant just outside the side entrance.

During our stay, we found that the hotel is truly a convenient base from which to experience what we call the "left side" of the Yamanote line (on the JR route map, the Yamanote Line is depicted as a circle). There is, of course, the Shibuya "Scramble" touted as the busiest intersection in the world. It is easy to find as the intersection is right outside the "Hachiko" exit of Shibuya station. Also, if you want to experience eating like a local, head to the food court at the basement of the Shibuya station called the Tokyu Food Show. Your. Jaw. Will. Drop. There are no tables and chairs. Instead, what you get is wall to wall of any kind of Japanese food you can think of. Tempura, sushi, sashimi, sukiyaki, ramen, tonkatsu, yakitori, etc.

From Shibuya station, it is just one stop to Harajuku station which is the gateway to five, yes, five points of interest. Yoyogi Park where skaters and the youth of Tokyo hang out. The Meiji Shrine which is a must see. Takeshita Street of Cosplay fame. Omotesando/Aoyama which is touted as the Champs Elysee of Tokyo. And Cat street. (Top Tip: Don't get turned off by the description of Omotesando/Aoyama as the Champs Elysee of Tokyo, otherwise, you'll miss the chance to wander the side streets off of the main drag where hip and cool local labels have located their stores.) Shinjuku, known for its shopping, eating, non-stop nightlife and red light district, is also just a couple of stops from Shibuya.

If you want a Shibuya hotel that removes you from all the hustle and bustle at the end of the day, then The Cerulean is the right choice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mark_ocampo
Reviewed 4 January 2015 via mobile

Large hotel in a great location in Shibuya. Only a 2min walk from Shibuya station. Bathrooms were great and the beds comfy (though the normal hard Japanese style).

Views were great over Tokyo and the mountains. We stayed here for our only night in Tokyo and loved it. Shibuya is great place to walk around at night and take in all the Japanese culture. Very safe also.

Recommend for a short stay in Tokyo. Easy access from Narita on the NEX, only the third stop.

Stayed: January 2015