“The perfect base to take on Tokyo”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
AG M
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The perfect base to take on Tokyo”
Reviewed 19 October 2011 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

This studio was perfect for our stay in Tokyo and since it was for a full month in late July and August we needed somewhere central, comfortable and air conditioned! We are happy to say that we had all three in abundance.

Bruce was really, really helpful at all times; the apartment had everything we required for a month's stay. Highlights include the apartment's proximity to an amazing range of bars, restaurants, transport links and shops. Shibuya really is a city in it's own right and this apartment is a great find for any explorers. We would go back in a heartbeat.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the cosy nature of the studio.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Irish5554
Brisbane, Australia
“Convenient but basic.”
Reviewed 13 August 2011 for a stay in January 2011
person found this review helpful

Landlord met us at the train station and walked us to the apartment. He was pleasant and helpful. The apartment is very small but adequate for most peoples needs. However as we were there in late January we found it very cold. The air-con style heating barely gave out any heat and in one bedroom there were big holes in the wall/floor around a pipe that didn't help to keep the heat in. There was only a very small two seater couch to sit on and as there were four of us and we were cold we tended to sit on the beds, under the blankets to keep warm anyway.

Anyone perhaps used to back-packing or camping might be fine with this apartment but personally I would not stay there again.

Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Young singles Rugged travelers
dcervone
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Great apartment in great location”
Reviewed 17 July 2011 for a stay in July 2011
person found this review helpful

I stayed here in July 2011 with my girlfriend and it was great! The location is perfect... just a short walk from the Shibuya station but tucked away on a quiet street. There is a 24 hour grocery a block away, and the streets surrounding the apartment are filled with great bars and restaurants that are popular among Tokyoites and affordable.

The apartment itself is very attractive and comfortable, with air conditioning, a balcony, kitchen, and shower. It's a little small, as you'd expect from Tokyo, so I wouldn't plan on any heavy duty cooking, but for throwing together a quick breakfast/coffee/tea or just keeping some snacks on hand it works well. The bed is very comfortable and there is plenty of room for luggage. Sound insulation was very good, too. I'm 5'11" and hit my head on doorways a few times... it wasn't a big deal but if you're very tall it could be a problem.

Bruce is super friendly and made sure we were comfortable, well-acquainted with the neighborhood, and had everything we needed. He also was very helpful giving directions on how to get to the apartment (I arrived late at night to Haneda airport) and made sure we got checked in okay.

I'd definitely stay again next time!

Your age range 18-24
Young singles A romantic getaway
Rugged travelers
koolbr33z...
Houston, Texas
“Very convenient location!”
Reviewed 7 July 2011 for a stay in February 2011

My husband and I stayed in Tokyo in February for about a week. The location was great, right in the heart of trendy Shibuya. The apartment was small for American standards but was much larger that what we had expected for an apartment in Tokyo. I was pleasantly surprised. I had read other reviews and made not that the apartment exterior looked a little shady, but the apartment interior looked great. It was a small studio with modern decor, full kitchen,and western toilet. Bruce, the owner, was great! The only issue we had was trying to meet up the day we arrived (Friday around 1pm) and had missed each other because he had to go back to work. I'm sure he has since remedied the issue by installing a home rental lock box for renters to pick up the apartment key when he is unable to meet in person. He was very helpful though. I would have loved to be able to use the bikes during our stay, but it was rather cold during the time we were there. In any case, I'd highly recommend this vacation rental for anyone who is planning on traveling to Tokyo.

Your age range 25-34
Young singles Friends getaway
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children Tourists
Rugged travelers
Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 June 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing