1,844 results
All reviews meguro station shuttle bus spg platinum bamboo lounge cafe california shuttle service japanese garden health club the hotel offers club lounge nice garden chinese restaurant quiet location narita airport upgraded room business traveler concierge desk
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We decided to stay here our first two nights in Japan as a way of transitioning into our month-long stay. Our room was large and comfortable; comparable to other Sheratons we’ve stayed in around the world. Excellent service from all the staff we came in contact with. The Bar/Lounge area was open and relaxing, and the food and drinks very good. The Limousine Bus from Narita airport stops right at the hotel, about $31 per person, which is much better than the $200 taxi for a 90 minute ride.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AndyouandI
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you very much for your staying at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo. I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.I am very happy to hear about your positive experience in my hotel and will be sure to pass along your kind remarks to my team.We all hope to see you the next time you are in Tokyo!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

A good quality, but unobtrusive appearance that reminds me of old good Japan in the 1960's, which does not run spectacularly, is breathing here. That is a common point of view for the first-class hotels of the time that I visited with my father when I was a child.

I liked this hotel very much.

Located in a luxury residential area, this hotel is not conveniently located, but it is a fortunate. I would like to thank the management team, the owner, and the Sheraton group who are keeping the beauty that is uniquely felt now for this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Tokyo_Santa, マネージャー at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you very much for your staying at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo.
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We take your views as a valuable suggestion then we will improve our operation and services.
We hope you will remain a valued customer.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I was really torn about giving this property four or five stars. I really want to emphasize that the Sheraton Miyako Hotel is a great property. Had my stay not been for 20 nights, I very well may have given it the full five stars. But after such a long stay, you start to notice some of the faults in a property, and while nowhere is perfect, this place genuinely could do a better job in certain areas, notably with respect to foreign travelers and being better at the Sheraton part of their name (Miyako hotels are a chain in Japan, and only certain properties double as an SPG property as well.)

But let's start with the positive. The Sheraton club here is absolutely amazing. They have hot food from 6:30am - 8pm. The bar service hour is incredible. I spent a lot of time in the club lounge working, and I found it to be a quiet, comfortable place to work.

The gym itself could be a bit better, but you simply cannot ask for a better pool to exercise in at a hotel. I've never seen a bigger hotel pool, and it is terrific for lap swim exercise.

The staff is very polite, and really helpful. The concierge in the lobby and the club staff are all very good at English and are really helpful. Just book a club room, I promise it's worth it and you won't regret it. I certainly cannot say that about all Sheraton clubs.

Where I had some trouble was with respect to their Starwood integration. This is definitely a Miyako Hotel first, and a Starwood hotel second. They do not know all the Starwood policies, and are incredibly strict in enforcing them. Don't expect an upgrade here if you're a Starwood member.

I also ran into some trouble with housekeeping. While the rooms are generally very comfortable and nice, I once received stained towels when requesting extras. I also received stained pillow cases after requesting fresh linens. One time the garbage can mysteriously disappeared from my room. These are the sorts of problems you only notice during a long stay, though. In general I was really impressed with the cleanliness and comfort of the hotel.

I also have to say that the ongoing construction in the lower levels is quite annoying. I was a bit surprised that, with a long stay, they chose to put me on a low floor that was quite noisy. But these things happen.

So hopefully you can see that, while I think this is a great property and I definitely recommend it, I couldn't quite justify a five-star rating. I still think you will very much enjoy your stay here, though, and could do a lot worse in the price range.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Robb N

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at the Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo.

We sincerely apologize for your disappointing experience of your room assignment and your guest room linens.
I have shared your comments with relevant departments for improvement.
We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to make the necessary changes in the service we provide.
Your patronage and loyalty are greatly appreciated and I hope that you will be able to grant us another opportunity in hosting you.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

The hotel is nice, however, the room that I stayed was a bit old, especially the bathroom. The bathtub is a very old style bath tub. The bed is big (king size) and comfy, however, there is no charging port near the bedside!

Since the hotel is located around 5 minutes bus ride away from Meguro station (around 15 - 20 minutes walk from the station), the hotel has provided the shuttle bus every 15 minutes until 10pm.

Room Tip: Spacious Room in Tokyo
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Tokyo_Santa, マネージャー at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Thank you for your stay at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo.
We appreciate your feedback to us.
As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for old bathtub. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Tokyo.

Tokyo_Santa

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We travelled to Japan in April/May of this year to visit our son and our last stay over before we left was in Tokyo for 3 days. Although the hotel is not situated downtown, we were able to walk to stores and restaurants not too far away. The hotel staff were terrific as was the Japanese garden. We did have to change rooms as the a/c in the room on the club floor wasn't working properly. The a/c seemed to be an issue in the rooms as the second room wasn't much better.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thank you for staying Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo.
As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for air conditioning. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.