1,843 results
All reviews meguro station shuttle bus spg platinum bamboo lounge cafe california shuttle service japanese garden health club the hotel offers club lounge nice garden chinese restaurant quiet location narita airport upgraded room business traveler concierge desk
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I expected a lot more from the Sheraton..

The junior staff are generally very good, as you would imagine in Japan, however I was not happy with the more senior staff. I usually travel on business, this time I was here as a tourist with my young family. Our daughter cried one afternoon in the room (so not during the night, it was about 5pm) and we had a manager up the next day asking us to keep her under control! "So sorry please stop her crying" I was shocked, I'm afraid sometimes babies cry and they are not robots that can be switched off. I got the impression I was disturbing the 'business men'.

However if it was businessmen they were catering to I cant see why there's no WIFI in the rooms, instead you have to buy a card and sit in the dimly lit, cigarette smoke filled lobby to try and work. And with no plugs to charge your laptop you are severely limited how long you can work before having to go back upstairs and recharge. I spent the evenings working (I own my own business and therefore am never really on holiday), so I would work for an hour, go upstairs and recharge the battery and then back down again to the dark lobby to squint at my screen which was in power save mode. I think I've almost gone blind. And stink of cigarette smoke. (FYI I know there are power shortages in Japan but this is not why the lobby is dark, it is because to help the ambiance - I asked)

The food is excellent but is remarkably expensive, £20 for a sandwich and £7 for a bottle of beer seems like a rip-off to me.

I was kept awake from 2 till 4 am by snoring from the next room which was very loud and very clear, I dont think the sound insulation is up to the job.

Overall, if you're not travelling with your family, have a large company expense account, smoke and dont need the internet then its an excellent hotel, otherwise go elsewhere. Just a note, I have never written a review before but was so annoyed I wanted to get this one out there, hope it helps.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank mmcloug
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This is a good quality Miyako Hotel branded as a Sheraton. It is located in Meguro a high end residential area. It is a 2000Yen taxi ride to Roppongi or Ginza. There is a shuttle bus every 15 minutes to the JR station at Meguro, where there are plenty of restaurants and shops and the Metro is 5 mins walk away.
The staff speak excellent English and there is a very good concierge desk that helps with maps and recommendations, probably the best I have encountered anywhere. The porters are attentive and help with luggage
The rooms are of good standard and relatively generous with space compared to the Tokyo norm. The higher floors have been modernised and are more expensive, but the lower floor rooms are fine as well. There is a large swimming pool in the basement and good gym facilities.
If you are an elite member of spg then you are likely to get a larger room on higher upgraded floors, as well as free internet and free access to the gym and free breakfast which would otherwise cost 2400Yen. Moreover there is a very comfortable lounge on the ground floor looking out onto a nice Japanese garden, that served free drinks to spg elite members. Have now stayed at this hotel 5+ times and I like it more with each stay

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have been renovated
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Reasonibly priced for Tokyo, well located business hotel. Staff are courteous and helpful. Japanese breakfast and western breakfast are in 2 different restaurants of the hotel, really unusual and not convenient as one cannot mix food... Gym is good and well equipped. Shuttle buses are free and frequent to metro/JR stations. TV system is super outdated and very few choices in non-Japanese channels (BBC, CNN, MTV... and that's it).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Frog_Singap
Reviewed 22 August 2011

stayed here a night before leaving Tokyo permanently. The service here is fantastic - people escort you to your room and the amenities were nice. The hotel itself is very quiet, almost a zen-like quality. its slightly dated as its an older property but its well-kept.

location-wise, its in a great area; shirokanedai is close to many areas such as azabu juban and hiro-o. if you're going out drinking, its a short cab ride to Roppongi.

its also only of the best-values for money in Tokyo. Most places near the "center" of Tokyo are very expensive - almost 20-30k yen a night. For 10k a night, this is a great value for money and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I stayed at the Miyako on an airline forced overnight with a very early transfer to Haneda. The service is quite good as others have noted, but the room lacks basic necessities that a business hotel should have in 2011. There's no WiFi at all; my room only had a nonfunctioning wired connection. The fact that there were two extensive books on repairing Internet connections in the room suggests I'm not the only one who couldn't get it to work.

In addition, there were no empty power outlets outside the bathroom for charging devices. All in all, this felt like staying at a hotel in Tokyo circa 1998. It's fine, but I'll stay at the nearby Westin the next time I need to be in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011