“The worst Moroccan restaurant in the world!”

Le Maghreb Chandelier
Ranked #7,751 of 12,701 Restaurants in Minato
Price range: USD 52 - USD 158
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Neighbourhood: Akasaka, Roppongi
Description: Le Maghreb Chandelier is a traditional Moroccan/Mediterranean restaurant offering different kinds of Tajin, Couscous and other delicacies from the region. We combine authentic flavors and techniques with contemporary styles and ingredients to create Moroccan food with upscale Mediterranean flair. We also have Morocco's famous Mint Tea and you can end your meal with Shisha (Water pipe). On Tuesdays, we hold a Moroccan Cooking Class by a very famous Moroccan chef and Fridays at 9pm is a live Belly Dance Show.
Reviewed 11 June 2016

Oh my dear God, how can you be this bad. If I could give no star to this restaurant I will because honestly it doesn't deserve the spot where it is and it represents really badly our beautiful and delicious Moroccan cuisine. Where to start, I recently came to Tokyo and during this holy month of Ramadan I thought I will take my wife to break the fast in a Moroccan restaurant (I am a Moroccan). I was really looking forward to this. When I arrived to the restaurant I was told that they have a special menu for iftar (a term designating breaking the fast) for 2400 Yen, so I said yes why not. I was shocked to find out that they served us COLD barely cooked chicken, cold rice, and outrageously cold Mssemmen (now for non Moroccan audience this bread is traditionally served during Ramadan HOT with honey and bread) and a glass of cheap orange juice. I immediately called for attention to warm up my food but apparently it was too much asking given that the cold unprofessional waiter rolled his eyes as if normal people can eat this sort of food. Actually you would be surprised how many people were sitting next to us, I would be interested to know if they have pallet at all! Anyway now to the Harira, a traditional soup served in Ramadan. The bowl was so small as if they were serving it to mice with no meat no traces of hummus or lentils and it came with no spoon we had to bring it our selves, the same for water.

DON'T GO THERE, DON'T GO THERE, DON'T GO THERE, A COMPLETE RIP OFF, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

4  Thank Psychoneuro

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Nice decoration but average couscous and too pricy.... And really disappointed by the chef who served us "cheap-supermarket-can like" Olives as authentic "Moroccan Olives" for 700¥ (see picture). At least it could have took them back but he tried to argue on the authenticity... No Japanese restaurant would have done that , that's a pity

1  Thank rabbyn
Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

Moroccan food is a nice change of pace from Japanese. Reasonable lunch set cost but the price goes up quickly if you try a Moroccan beer (900 yen) or humus (850). They cook to order so it won't be fast service - just sit back, relax, sip some tea.

Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

Did not have a very good experience here. Made a reservation and we still waited 30 minutes for hummus and room temperature pita.?. All in the meal took 1.5 hours, not apologizes or explanations. Food was decent , but would not go again.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

I was living in Morocco for 4 years, and since I came to Japan I missed eating Couscous, and Lamb Tagine.By coincidence I had a business dinner in Gonpachi,and tha`s how I found this restaurant along Roppongi street. I took their card and I came back a few days latter with my wife to try their menu. We ordered Moroccan Salad,Royal couscous, other appetizer, and my favorite Lamb Tagine.It was just a great food witch reminded me my lovely staying in Morocco.The staff were nice, also the interior was elegant. This is another favorite place to keep for a special occasions.

1  Thank Michel x