“Too pricy for supermarket-can like Olives”

Le Maghreb Chandelier
Ranked #7,824 of 12,886 Restaurants in Minato
Price range: USD 52 - USD 158
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Neighbourhood: Akasaka, Roppongi
Description: Le Maghreb Chandelier is a traditional Moroccan/Mediterranean restaurant offering different kinds of Tajin, Couscous and other delicacies from the region. We combine authentic flavors and techniques with contemporary styles and ingredients to create Moroccan food with upscale Mediterranean flair. We also have Morocco's famous Mint Tea and you can end your meal with Shisha (Water pipe). On Tuesdays, we hold a Moroccan Cooking Class by a very famous Moroccan chef and Fridays at 9pm is a live Belly Dance Show.
Reviewed 7 March 2016

Nice decoration but average couscous and too pricy.... And really disappointed by the chef who served us "cheap-supermarket-can like" Olives as authentic "Moroccan Olives" for 700¥ (see picture). At least it could have took them back but he tried to argue on the authenticity... No Japanese restaurant would have done that , that's a pity

1  Thank rabbyn

Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

Moroccan food is a nice change of pace from Japanese. Reasonable lunch set cost but the price goes up quickly if you try a Moroccan beer (900 yen) or humus (850). They cook to order so it won't be fast service - just sit back, relax, sip some tea.

Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

Did not have a very good experience here. Made a reservation and we still waited 30 minutes for hummus and room temperature pita.?. All in the meal took 1.5 hours, not apologizes or explanations. Food was decent , but would not go again.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

I was living in Morocco for 4 years, and since I came to Japan I missed eating Couscous, and Lamb Tagine.By coincidence I had a business dinner in Gonpachi,and tha`s how I found this restaurant along Roppongi street. I took their card and I came back a few days latter with my wife to try their menu. We ordered Moroccan Salad,Royal couscous, other appetizer, and my favorite Lamb Tagine.It was just a great food witch reminded me my lovely staying in Morocco.The staff were nice, also the interior was elegant. This is another favorite place to keep for a special occasions.

1  Thank Michel x
Reviewed 8 June 2015

Had lunch here with my friend but was not impressed. We ordered royal couscous but it's not like what I've had before in morrocan restaurant elsewhere. The lunch set was not appetizing enough, either vege couscous or chicken tagine for 1,000 yen.
Maybe I'm just used to authentic morrocan and this just isn't it,

1  Thank Zetster