1,997 results
All reviews ebisu station ebisu area joel robuchon heavenly bed yebisu garden place spg points executive club mitsukoshi department store minute walk executive floor bit dated covered walkway rooms are large yebisu beer breakfast buffet concierge desk platinum member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Maybe its just a side effect of the "new management" (a.k.a. Marriott acquisition), but the recognition of loyalty that I used to know and love at the Westin Tokyo has gone out the window.

I have been deeply loyal to Westin Tokyo, spending many five-figure thousands of dollars on accommodation over a short period of time (i.e. spread out over no more than 2–3 years).

However it seems staff care more about short term revenue (i.e. the one-off weddings and events) rather than recognising the repeat loyalty of existing customers.

In the "old" Starwood days, I used to get good loyalty recognitions:
- I used to get minor upgrades to better positioned rooms
- Staff used to do their utmost to help achieve successful early-checkin instead of saying "sorry sir, come back for checkin at 1400"
- Late checkout was always allowed until 1600. Now I'm told its 1400 and extension to 1600 will cost 50% of the full charge.

It is unfortunate that my relationship with Westin Tokyo has had to come to an end in this way. However Westin Tokyo is not the only good hotel in Tokyo.

I have no intention of ever staying at the Westin Tokyo again, the Westin Tokyo left me little choice in this decision, it makes me very sad, but what other choice do I have apart from "vote with my feet".

It seems Westin Tokyo prefers to learn the hard way that it costs more to attract a new loyal customer than it does to do the small things to keep an existing loyal customer.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Q7972HFtims
Westin T, Manager at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Q7972HFtims,

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty to The Westin Tokyo, and thank you also for taking the time to share your honest feedback. It is certainly disappointing to learn that you left the hotel unsatisfied and we are sorry that we have failed a chance to make your stay much comfortable despite all the change of benefits.

As we are keen for improvement therefore, it would be appreciated if you could give us a chance to personally meet and understand more about what happened and see what we can do better.

We sincerely look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you at The Westin Tokyo.
Meanwhile, please do contact me directly if you need any assistance in anyway.

Very truly yours,

Tomoko Asano
Duty Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Located in Ebisu area, maybe not the first area appeared on your mind when you search for a hotel in Tokyo for a business trip. But as frequently stayed at the peak Ginza, Akasaka, Marunouchi, Kyobashi areas before, this time I stayed at The Westin Tokyo in order to find a more relaxed ambiance, and it was such a perfect stay!
Very different with other Westin Hotels that more modern, this one as I believe one of the oldest Westin hotel in the world, it keeps it's elegance, warm and luxury hospitality. The room is spacious with the view of the city, grande lobby and restaurants.
Located in the middle of residences area, gives more quite and serene feelings, however no worry for the access as walk away from the stations and taxi are everywhere.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Charles J, General Manager at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear RRJ5,

Thank you for sharing your experience - I really appreciate you taking the time. I am delighted you tried us here for a change; find the location, hotel, service and everything we have to offer - a great experience.

I hope we are able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Much appreciated, and thank you!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

just OK -actually somewhat disappointing

Rooms are good size but need a refresh

Gym small for this size of hotel

Executive lounge is small -to the point where they limit entry during dinner cocktails -seats were open but they were "reserved" -

There is an alternative to the club (compass lounge) where you can get drinks and a fantastic view but no food and it is a smoking venue

Club breakfast is adequate

nice area - hotel restaurants are insanely expensive ($300 US PER PERSON) for a full
Tappanaki meal- but there are many options a 2 minute walk away

Taxi is about Y10K from Haneda to hotel and Y 7.5K back - shuttle service is available but very limited

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank wdchuck1

Dear wdchuck1,

I appreciate your feedback, though I am sorry that you found the Hotel just ok. We pride ourselves on what we offer, both product and service, and strive to ensure we provide the best guest experience for all. I take on board your comments, and we'll certainly see what can be done in any way. I appreciate you sharing.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

A very delayed review, but worth the share. Stayed there for a few days during our Japan trip. The hotel staff were helpful and fluent in english. The rooms are spacious and have all the necessities as well. The best part will probably be their convenience and close proximity to the Ebisu station. Would love to stay there again if have the opportunity! (:

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear cathsparkles

Thank you so much for your lovely comments - I really appreciate the feedback, and that you've taken the time to share with us and others. We too hope to see you again, should the opportunity arise. Much appreciated.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Really has the feel of a JW or even a Ritz. Lounge nice with good breakfast. Gym is small but you can use the one down the street. Very friendly staff. Room is big by Tokyo standards ( really and big city standard). Truly enjoyed

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear Ken H,

Thank you do much for sharing, and thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you've found a new favourite Hotel in Tokyo, and we hope to see you again soon.

Many thanks!