The Westin Tokyo
Trip.com
USD 116*
USD 113*
  • Restaurant
Grand Residence Nakameguro(Meguro)(Great Value!)
USD 65*
Tokyu Stay Meguro Yutenji(Meguro)(Great Value!)
USD 101*
JAPANiCAN.com
  • Restaurant
Ryokan
1,891 results
All reviewsebisu stationebisu areayebisu garden placespg pointsmoving walkwaymitsukoshi department storejoel robuchonexecutive clubterrace restaurantminute walkexecutive floorplatinum membercovered walkwayrooms are largebit datedyamanote linebreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Our first few days in Japan (first time) were based at the Westin Tokyo. It was a great experience! Checkin was quite smooth. The gentleman who checked us in worked with us several times as our party arrived on different days and we had some special requests for rooms. The rooms were sizable, beautiful, clean, and relaxing. Room service (food and maid service) was outstanding. Breakfast was included with our rooms and it was a wonderful mixture of Japanese, Chinese, European, and American food choices. The concierge was quite helpful and was quite capable with his English speech. The hotel is across the street from an exceptional shopping mall/experience. It is also within reasonable walking distance (much of it on covered moving walk ways) of a train/subway station. We were on a preferred floor and the lounge food and drinks were excellent as well. The service in the lounge was top notch. Overall, I would stay there again in a heartbeat (would make my reservations sooner to enhance my choices for rooms/rates).

Room Tip: Weekdays versus weekends. This is particularly true on weekends when there are traditional Japanese holidays or other traditional events (i.e. Japanese girls' birthdays at about age 3-7; very crowded). Starwood Preferred Guest status seemed to mean something at checkin and during the visit.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I have been staying this hotel several times for the last 10 years with my husband when I visited Tokyo. It was expensive hotel at the time.

However, one of my friends in Tokyo found the great deal on the travel website. It was more than 50% off from published price. We had a great girls-night-out weekend at the Executive floor with all amenities and services.

The executive floor guests are free to use the executive lounge, which is the BIG plus. We enjoyed afternoon coffee with pretty good sweets.
If you stay during the weekend, you can eat full buffet-breakfast at the Terrace (Western style buffet) or Mai (Japanese style buffet) on Sundays.

The service was gracious and thoughtful, not too friendly, not too casual. We enjoyed our weekend very much.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Before thowing stones at this property, I must say I have been staying there several times a year for the las 10 years!
I use to enjoy thé service at this hotel, and the fact it is away from the hustle and bustle.

But the rooms, despite being clean, are very dated and do not match the prices any more! Window blinds are old style, the beds are not heavenly any more, the bathrooms and their pink ceramic tiles are so sad, etc etc
On top of that, food and beverages keep insanely increasing every year. 20 euros for a salmon plater consisting of ONE slice of salmon????

On top of this, as a Starwood platinum member, I NEVER got any kind of recognition! Never a room upgrade, never a small extra amenity on arrival, Nothing!
I am staying there at the moment and have another booking for next weekend that I am going to cancel immediately and head to the Peninsula.

Stay away from this hotel, they do not care at all about your business.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Anthony D
Yuko K, e-commerce coordinator Marketing, Sales and Marketing The Westin Tokyo at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to post a review. We are deeply disappointed in not being able to accommodate you with a true Westin Tokyo stay. We have the highest guest satisfaction ratings of any Westin Hotel worldwide and I would like to sincerely apologize for not being able to give you that same impression. We take all feedback very seriously and please rest assured that we will use your feedback constructively and incorporate it overall improvement. We truly hope that we will be given another chance for you to experience a truly and rightful pleasant stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 December 2011

We spent 6 nights at the Westin a couple of weeks ago. My husband was there for business and I was tagging along. The location is good for getting around to various places. The walk to the Ebisu Metro station is quite some distance (~9 minutes) with the JR being much closer (~5 min). Being on the Yamanote line you can get to pretty much anywhere with ease.

Our room on the executive floor was very spacious albeit a little tired. The place was spotlessly clean as one would come to expect of any top end hotel in Japan. The happy hour at the executive lounge is a great perk for paying a little extra as there is a large selection of spirits/beers/wines and canapes (between 5pm and 7pm from memory). The staff are attentive and very helpful. You can rent a bike for either 2000 yen for 3 hours or 3000 yen for a whole day if you are up to exploring the city on wheels.

There is a Mitsukoshi department store across the road and an underground food court, but other than that, you need to walk and explore a little to get more eating options. The area is not that lively at night, so other than those couple of minor things, this was a pretty good stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Mt Fuji
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank wendyyy2015
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We were visiting Tokyo on a family trip and this was the perfect location! The hotel staff even allowed us to check in a few hours early which was great considering we had just gotten off 18 hours on a plane.

They are located in Ebisu Gardens which offers great restaurants and is convienantly located near the JR Line which made getting around a piece of cake.

We had a room on the 16th floor and a room on the 9th floor (we split our trip up to go to Disneyland) Both rooms were on the corner and were very spacious. The bathroom was clean and very large. We absolutely loved our views which gave us a glimpse of downtown.

The staff was above and beyond. Even though they couldn't speak fluent English they always tried to accomodate my requests and if they couldn't they would find someone who could.

I loved this place and if I could afford a flight back to Tokyo, I would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are more spacious, ask for a view of the Tokyo Tower
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family