1,549 results
All reviews tokyo tower shimbashi station great hotel fish market hotel starts great view of tokyo rooms are small floor to ceiling walking distance hotel lobby is loved this hotel limo bus excellent location great shopping the main shopping street japanese standards standard room
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Really modern and stylish, with surprisingly large rooms for Tokyo. Good location, and excellent value for money.

In the middle of a steaming Tokyo summer, the air con in the rooms was great (although I notice the reception is not air conditioned). View from the shower is awesome.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nightwatchman
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I have been wanting to stay at this hotel ever since it was opened years ago, however we never had a chance due to many other difficulties. So when we booked the room we have booked one of the most distinct feature rooms – the View Bath room at the Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza.

The location was very good once you know where the hotel is (I would suggest you to catch a taxi from Tokyo Station to here rather than walking from the Shimbashi Station, unless you have very little luggage to carry). Many small shops nearby for you to get your food and drinks, many restaurants in the area too (especially in walking distance to the most expensive area in Japan) and many of them were 24 hours.

The check in process was all right, the hotel doesn’t have Wi-Fi facility in the rooms (I know, it is very unusual for nowadays) so the staff offer a device with WLAN ability which works brilliantly, the internet speed was the fastest we have had throughout the 2 weeks trip in Japan too, very unexpected).

However when it comes to the room it was very very small. I felt like we almost didn’t have enough room to put our luggage and no desk for us to write anything on it either. The view from our room was very nice, we could see out to the sea (Tokyo Bay) and Tokyo Tower from our bathroom window.

Overall the stay was pleasant but it was let down by the size of the room. Our room was meant to be bigger than most of others at 23.3m² and I just couldn’t imagine how small other rooms would be like. We had to pack up our luggage on the bed because we couldn’t get enough room in the room to open up our luggage. The main purpose for this type of room (View Bath Room) is for couples to enjoy taking bath together and enjoy the view out of the window. But the bath was so small and even I had trouble of getting in so I can’t imagine how you can squeeze 2 people into this tiny tiny bath.

I guess we will be staying here again for the view and location, but if I can find a room which is bigger than this I would pick that one over the Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza any days. I could stay somewhere in Shinjuku for much less and much more space, but I guess this is the price you have to pay to be in Ginza.

Room Tip: Get a twin room even if you are sleeping on the same bed, you will get much more room than double rooms
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Walkman88
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I stayed here for two nights on business and the hotel is very clean, very modern and dfeinitely a place I stay again. The entrance is a little strange. You enter in through an office building, then take an elevator up to the lobby. If you know where you're going it's fine, but the first time is a little daunting.

The room was small, which is to be expected in Tokyo, but very clean and nice.

If I were traveling for business or pleasure I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Very good service, acceptable breakfast and as hotels in Tokyo go, the rooms are not as small as one would image given the rates.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2012

First time and everything was above my expectations. The hotel is very modern, elegant and very chic....sophisticated appearance.
The hotel is located above the 16 floor in a modern building, very close to everything.
The restaurant was good, the rooms like most of the Japanese rooms are small but very well equiped and functional. The bathroom extremely clean and comfortable.
This is a very good hotel with nice guests and a great staff who speak fluently English.
If I go back to Tokyo I'll stay at The Mitsui garden, it's perfect for my needs.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo