“Great Success”

66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Great Success”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

this is the best way to get a total overview of the city. guides know what the talk about. plenty of stops. background info on various spots and stops in the city. all in all a must do, in my opinion. forget about hop on/hop off. this memory will last.... !

1 Thank hagenbas

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Geneva, Switzerland
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Active sightseeing amongst peers”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

This is the best way of discovering a city! I've done cycling tours in other places and have discovered that the quality of the bikes as well as the guide's knowledge and charisma are the key success factors. Tokyo Great Cycling Tour have all these points covered. My bike was the perfect size and in mint condition. Yuki and Masa were intelligent and friendly guides who understood our needs and adapted their commentary accordingly. In addition to all this, the group of 10 visitors in my tour group were all wonderfully interesting people from different corners of the planet. They all made my Bay tour an unforgettable experience. I look forward to going back to do this tour again with my family.

1 Thank SwissBrit-1283
Newton, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“This was a great way to view Tokyo from a different perspective.”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Tokyo Great Cycling Tour was an excellent way to see Tokyo. Biking around Tokyo is surprisingly easy and provided a great perspective of the city. The tour guides were friendly, informative and appropriately safety conscious. The tour price included a nice box lunch, snacks and ferry fare. If you have the time, this is a great way to spend the day!

2 Thank Debbie K
Hida-shi, Gifu, Japan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great way to explore Tokyo!!”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Tokyo is a huge city. There are so many places to see.
Taking trains and buses are good way to get around there. But cycling is another option for you. Compared with walking on the streets, you will definitely see more.

When I took a tour, TGCT guide, YUKI, took five people of us. We visited a Sumo stable and a Japanese sweet shop. The best thing, I think, was buying own lunch at a food market of a department store basement in Asakusa. There were so many choices. Not only tasting but also looking around were so fascinating.

Well, this cycling tour shows you a lot about Tokyo. A guide shows you many things which you wouldn't know if you were on your own. I totally recommend this tour to anyone who wants to explore here.

Thanks, Yuki. I had a great time.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank Hisa_Hida
Sunnyvale, CA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Folks that run the Tokyo Great Cycling Tour are excellent”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

If you ever wondered what Tokyo would feel like from a cyclist perspective, this is it!

Our bikes were in very good condition; the gears and the brakes worked well, and the seat hight set just right and ready to go. To be honest, it was a bit unnerving to thread through the pedestrian and car traffic through the huge intersections and narrow alleyways, but once we got the hang of it, it seemed quite natural, and I could ease up on my white-knuckles on the handlebars.

Riding on to Ryogoku, we’re very lucky to see some young sumo wrestlers in training cleaning up outside their sumo stable. They are good natured enough to let us take pictures with them.

I’ve been to Tokyo too many times to count, but I’ve never had the cyclist perspective or covered so much ground in such little time.

This is a great way to experience Tokyo, a must do at least once in your life.

Finished Cycle: Oct 20, 2011 3:09:03 PM