All reviews eight days imperial palace hotel is located japanese style breakfast minute walk pleasant stay japanese hotels good size taxi subway wifi floor station ginza conference tokyo hallway
Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

Roomy Deluxe room with fine view of the Imperial Palace. Quite,clean and convinient location with Toei Subway entrance at the front of the hotel. Also, Tokyo station is 10 minute walk. Gòod breakfast srved with western and Japanese one, though the same classical music was played every morning. Staff is very helpful and warm.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Galwayer
KKR_Hotel_Tokyo, Reservations at KKR Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2015

Dear Mr / Ms agsorn,

Thank you for your review. We were very happy to read your comments.

As you wrote, the hotel is located quite closed to Tokyo Station (about 1.7km from the hotel, 15-20 minutes’ walk or 5 minutes by taxi). I am very glad to know that you liked our breakfast buffet.

I appreciate your comment regarding the music at breakfast. I have just passed your words to the manager of the restaurant and I believe he will make a positive change.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest, and I hope we will have more opportunities to welcome you back to KKR Hotel Tokyo.

Warm regards

Reviewed 29 August 2015

This hotel is in a great location, right next to the imperial palace and its garden. I used this hotel as a base from which I could explore the city of Tokyo. And I found it to be ideally suited for this task. It is right next to an exit to the Takebashi subway station, through which the Tozai-line runs. On rainy days the management of the hotel offered me an umbrella to use, for which I was really grateful, as mine broke a few days earlier. The staff was really helpful with answering any questions I had. One of the biggest pro`s to staying here was that there was a coin washing and drying machine on the 15th floor. It was so ideally suited for my needs, that the next time I am visiting Tokyo, I will try and stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Harm I
KKR_Hotel_Tokyo, Reservations at KKR Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2015

Dear Mr Harm I,

Thank you for posting your positive review. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and made the best of it.

It was good that you enjoyed using the washing/drying machines on the 15th floor. The facilities were introduced last year due to high demand from our guests. There seems to be much more long-term staying guests since the introduction. There are two washing machines (300 yen including washing powder) and two dryers (100 yen/30 min).

You seem to have enjoyed exploring Tokyo and I am very glad to hear this. As you pointed out, our hotel is conveniently located for many tourist attractions such as Imperial Palace East Gardens, Nijubashi double bridge or the Museum of Modern Art. Other popular places like Asakusa, Ueno, Akihabara or Ginza are about 10- 20 minutes by subway from Takebashi station which Exit/Entrance 3b is right next to the hotel main entrance.

Your kind words gave us so much encouragement and we thank you for this. We all look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

Best wishes

Reviewed 20 August 2015

I stayed at KKR for 3 nights in August, the location of the hotel is excellent (Exit 3B at Takebashi metro station takes you straight to the hotel entrance). The staff seemed very friendly, although I only spoke to them during check in and check out. I stayed in a Deluxe Single Room (double bed) and for Tokyo - it's pretty spacious. Also, the 'Deluxe' option meant that I had a good city view, with Tokyo Skytree in the distance. I had no issues with noise or air con. My only criticism is the condition of the room, there were obvious scratches and marks on the wall and almost every piece of furniture. However, that didn't really affect my stay. There are vending machines on each floor + free wifi in rooms, which I found particularly useful. All in all, it was a nice stay, if what you are looking for is a convenient & comfortable base in the centre of Tokyo, KKR is definitely worth checking out.

P.S. There is not a lot to do nearby, but it is right next to the Imperial Palace. Saying that, most attractions and popular districts are just minutes away on the metro.

Room Tip: Get a room with either city or palace view
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Phil S
KKR_Hotel_Tokyo, Reservations at KKR Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2015

Dear Mr Phil,

Thank you for posting your review. We were very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

As you pointed out, our deluxe single rooms are relatively spacious for Tokyo standard. It was lovely to hear that you enjoyed a view of Tokyo Skytree as not every deluxe room has a view of Tokyo Skytree. We also have Palace View Single Rooms which are facing the Imperial Palace Gardens. You may want to try next time.

We apologise for the scratches on the walls and furniture in your room . I reported this to the management. We may not be able to fix this at once, however, I hope we can resolve this in future. I appreciate that you kindly pointed this out.

Thank you for taking your time to post your review. We all hope that we can have another opportunity to welcome you to KKR Hotel Tokyo in the near future.

Best wishes

Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for six days while attending a workshop near Tokyo station. This Japanese run hotel is of good standard. The view over the park from the dining floor is exceptional. The location is great for shopping near the station area but also for running around the park. There is a metro station at the hotel entrance.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank taarhaug
KKR_Hotel_Tokyo, Reservations at KKR Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2015

Dear Mr/Mrs taahaug,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed staying with us.

As you mentioned, the hotel is directly connected to a subway station (Takebashi station on Tokyo Metro Tozai Line). The location is excellent as the hotel is close to Marunouchi business district and also easily accessible to shopping/sightseeing areas such as Ginza, Akihabara or Shibuya.

We are also very happy to hear that you enjoyed the stunning view of the Imperial Palace gardens from the breakfast restaurant.

Thank you for taking your time to write your comments. We hope we can welcome you back at KKR Hotel Tokyo in the near future.

Best regards

Reservations

Reviewed 24 June 2015 via mobile

Close to my work needs this is a comfortable hotel to stay at. Small rooms but suitable for short visits. Air conditioning does not stay on when you leave he room which makes it uncomfortable on hot and humid days when you return. Views of the Emporer's Palace and gardens are very nice.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
KKR_Hotel_Tokyo, Reservations at KKR Hotel Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2015

Dear Mr Rarking,

Thank you very much for posting your review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful view of the Imperial Palace Gardens. I hope that you had time to explore the east gardens of the palace.

I apologise for the inconvenience regarding the air-conditioning, however, thank you for pointing this out. At the moment, the air-conditioning gets switched off when taking out a key card as you mentioned. I reported your comment to the management. I hope that we can make improvement on this in future.

Again, thank you very much for taking your time to write the review. We hope that we will welcome you back at KKR Hotel Tokyo in future.

Kind regards