Open today: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Fantastic cooking and calligraphy class. The best way to take a break from busy Tokyo. Kids loved the experience!!

Reviewed 21 November 2023
Ed_likestraveling
Laurel, Maryland
via mobile
A GEM of an EXPERIENCE! Highly recommended:)

Reviewed 27 July 2023
PJFlounder
NY

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Chiyoda
from AU$207.03
1-Day Tokyo Bus Tour
5,155 Reviews
from AU$180.49
from AU$196.68
from AU$165.62
More Info
All reviews udon noodles tea ceremony from scratch couple of hours kanji teacher lesson art dough class knowledge oishi japan encouraging
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 November 2023 via mobile

Fantastic cooking and calligraphy class. Wakana is amazing! She taught us how to prepare udon noodles from the scratch and write Kanji (Japanese calligraphy). It was fun, educational and a great way to take a break from the busy days in Tokyo ! All family had a great time. Kids (14 and 10) love the whole experience! Highly recommend!!!

Date of experience: November 2023
Reviewed 28 July 2023

My two sons (13 and 10) and my Mother (82) took a Calligraphy class with Wakana, who was amazing! They appreciated learning the history of the various alphabets they would be learning. Wakana used visuals to teach and patiently help each student during the class. Her English is great and she is a wonderful teacher.

My two sons and I also did an Orgami class right after. Once again, Wakana was patient, kind and effective with her teachings.

We loved being in a Japanese home! It was cozy and peaceful:)

Date of experience: July 2023
Wakalture, Owner at Wakalture Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2023

Thank you so so so much for the review and a lot of pictures!!
I and my son enjoyed with you guys too:) It was pleasure meeting you and your family!!
Thanks again for coming.

Reviewed 29 May 2023

I had a great time. There was a nice atmosphere and the explanation about kanji and calligraphy were very clear.

Date of experience: May 2023
Wakalture, Owner at Wakalture Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2023

Thank you so much for the review!!
I and my son enjoyed with you:)
Thank you again for coming!!

Reviewed 23 April 2023

Our family absolutely loved our experience at Walkalture with Wakana! We did Japanese calligraphy posters with our children and enjoyed every moment. We spent a couple of hours learning about the calligraphy as an art and process, as well as lots of new things about Japanese culture. I highly recommend Wakana if you want to experience something more local and relaxing.

Date of experience: January 2023
Wakalture, Owner at Wakalture Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2023

Thank you so much for the review!
I and my sons enjoyed with you guys a lot:) Your travel pics are amazing!! Looking forward to the next country:)

Reviewed 14 March 2023 via mobile

I had a fantastic calligraphy lesson with Wakana. She has been studying calligraphy for over 20 years and her attention to detail and feedback was incredible. I also really enjoyed learning to make udon - oishi desu!

Date of experience: March 2023

Thank you so much for the review!! I realised your review recently haha. Glad you enjoyed and made it again at home:D
Also thank you for playing with my son!!