Open today: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Great experience!

Such an incredible experience!! Wakana taught an amazing class on calligraphy and included so much... read more

Reviewed 8 March 2024
Getaway698302
Excellent! Super fun for the family

We enjoyed our Udon noodle and calligraphy classes. Wakana was an excellent teacher. We started... read more

Reviewed 21 November 2023
Paoosa
Scaggsville, Maryland
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Chiyoda
1-Day Tokyo Bus Tour
6,336 Reviews
from AU$180.02
from AU$196.17
from AU$165.20
from AU$243.56
More Info
All reviews udon noodles tea ceremony from scratch couple of hours kanji teacher lesson art dough class knowledge oishi japan encouraging
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I was really happy we took time to go to Wakalture. Wakana is a super talented certified calligrapher, and so nice!
We took the beginners class, and she showed us what to do, while explaining about the calligraphy itself. I enjoyed this a lot and would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about it!
She really knows what she is doing, with 20 years of experience within this craft. I felt privileged to get to see her work, and it was pretty special for me personally. Recommended!

1  Thank Thea S
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Our family of 4, with 2 boys (ages 11 and 6) did the calligraphy and udon noodle making class with Wakana about 2 weeks ago And it was one of our highlights.
I always seek out cultural/ unique experiences that are family friendly and this experience was superb. I had set up our experience via email (on her website). Wakana was prompt in replying to questions and signed us up. Then a few days prior to our visit she sent reminder emails. Wakana is sweet, charming and a very professional. We were lucky that noone else signed up for the class the same day and ended up with a private class.
She was kind and patient with our boys, and let us practice as much as we needed prior to our final calligraphy piece. The udon noodles were fun to make and absolutely delicious. We had some great meals in Japan, but the simple homemade dish was just as amazing.
She shared her recent wedding pictures with us and then we were on our way. We were never rushed, just felt like visiting family.
I would highly recommend her class and when we return would love to try her other classes/tours.
Our boys cannot wait to make udon at home:)

2  Thank RC2277
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

I studied in China Mandarin and went traveling after my studies. At Wakalture I learned more about Japanese calligraphy, which is originally based at 汉字, the Chinese writing. Wakana the owner, thought me more about the writing system in Japan. It was a lot of fun and as well a cultural experience. She has a great knowledge and it is definitely worth to visit her cultural school😊. Thank you Wakana and I visit you again if I'm back in Tokyo

Reviewed 10 July 2018

This was my third trip to Tokyo, my friend wanted to try a calligraphy class, we chose this one from the great reviews,
not only we learnt some calligraphy, we also learnt a lot about the Japanese culture and nation in general, we asked so many questions and Wakana was very nice answering every single question! so thank you for everything! we will definitely try the cooking next time we are in Tokyo.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Wakana led us through A wonderful experience of making udon and origami .... our 8 yr old’s two favorites. She was pleasant, patient, and highly informative. You can tell that her standards are high and that she does her utmost best to share authentic Japanese culture. She’s quite well-traveled and therefore her English is excellent. When we asked our daughter what were her top experiences and meals of our vacation, she mentioned Wakana and the udon. It was a perfect break from theme parks and shopping; we will definitely be taking another course from Wakana the next time we are in Tokyo.

Date of experience: June 2018