Wakalture Experience -Japanese Calligraphy and Cooking
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Great experience with a lovely teacher

I had a combination of a calligraphy and an origami class and I loved it! I didn't even expect that... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
lamaju0
via mobile
Very fun and different

My wife and I both love to cook. We came to japan looking to try and learn about its culture and... read more

Reviewed 1 November 2018

from USD 139.00
from USD 125.00
from USD 90.00
More Info
All reviews calligraphy class udon noodles calligraphy lesson great teacher patient teacher japanese culture noodle making making class traditional tea ceremony a lot of fun private lesson great activity ueno park learn how from scratch interesting things explained everything
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

I studied in China Mandarin and went traveling after my studies. At Wakalture I learned more about Japanese calligraphy, which is originally based at 汉字, the Chinese writing. Wakana the owner, thought me more about the writing system in Japan. It was a lot of fun and as well a cultural experience. She has a great knowledge and it is definitely worth to visit her cultural school. Thank you Wakana and I visit you again if I'm back in Tokyo

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018

This was my third trip to Tokyo, my friend wanted to try a calligraphy class, we chose this one from the great reviews,
not only we learnt some calligraphy, we also learnt a lot about the Japanese culture and nation in general, we asked so many questions and Wakana was very nice answering every single question! so thank you for everything! we will definitely try the cooking next time we are in Tokyo.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Wakana led us through A wonderful experience of making udon and origami .... our 8 yr old’s two favorites. She was pleasant, patient, and highly informative. You can tell that her standards are high and that she does her utmost best to share authentic Japanese culture. She’s quite well-traveled and therefore her English is excellent. When we asked our daughter what were her top experiences and meals of our vacation, she mentioned Wakana and the udon. It was a perfect break from theme parks and shopping; we will definitely be taking another course from Wakana the next time we are in Tokyo.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We had such an amazing time with Wakana! She is so accommodating, patient, talented, and knowledgeable. She gave us a great overview of kanji and calligraphy answering all of our questions and making us feel very welcomed and relaxed. She then helped us choose the individual kanji that we wanted to work on. We were given as much practice time as we needed. She never rushed us and she gave us a very generous amount of supplies and one on one instruction. Once we felt ready, she provided us with a beautiful board to create our final piece. We so greatly enjoyed our time and absolutely love the souvenirs we created. I highly recommend this experience!

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were in Japan for a few weeks and wanted to have a less touristy experience. I'd dabbled in learning the language a bit on and off for a few years, but had little to no knowledge of kanji. Wakana was so patient and encouraging, smiling the whole time. You can really tell she's passionate about what she does. We also made udon - that was a fun experience - as well as tsumami-zaiku. If you're going to Tokyo or already there, experience Wakalture!