Wakalture Experience -Japanese Calligraphy and Cooking
Open today: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Wonderful Cooking and Calligraphy Lessons

We decided to visit this experience as we like to support local business and, of course, meet local... read more

Reviewed 24 March 2020
gkenrick
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Fun and interesting experience

My wife and I were staying in the area and visited Wakana for her calligraphy and cooking classes... read more

Reviewed 24 March 2020
G2427MTpaulk
London, United Kingdom

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Chiyoda
from USD 65.10
from USD 47.70
from USD 94.53
from USD 363.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We had such an amazing time with Wakana! She is so accommodating, patient, talented, and knowledgeable. She gave us a great overview of kanji and calligraphy answering all of our questions and making us feel very welcomed and relaxed. She then helped us choose the individual kanji that we wanted to work on. We were given as much practice time as we needed. She never rushed us and she gave us a very generous amount of supplies and one on one instruction. Once we felt ready, she provided us with a beautiful board to create our final piece. We so greatly enjoyed our time and absolutely love the souvenirs we created. I highly recommend this experience!

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Keri N
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were in Japan for a few weeks and wanted to have a less touristy experience. I'd dabbled in learning the language a bit on and off for a few years, but had little to no knowledge of kanji. Wakana was so patient and encouraging, smiling the whole time. You can really tell she's passionate about what she does. We also made udon - that was a fun experience - as well as tsumami-zaiku. If you're going to Tokyo or already there, experience Wakalture!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 10 May 2018

As I know quite a bit of kanji already, I still found it interesting to try my hand at shodō under the eye of Wakana Sensei. She taught me some meanings of kanji that I had no idea about, as well as other parts of the Japanese culture. It was really interesting, as you get to learn about kanji, and also understand more about how difficult it can be.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a private lesson from Wakana. She is extremely friendly, fun, and a great teacher. I would highly recommend this as a great activity if you’re looking to learn how to make Japanese foods and experience more of the Japanese culture in an intimate setting.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

The calligraphy class with Wakana was lots of fun and very informative. Wakana was a very knowledgeable and patient teacher. We really enjoyed her class and left with a piece of work that we were all proud of. A must do experience whilst in Tokyo!!

Date of experience: April 2018