Wakalture Experience -Japanese Calligraphy and Cooking
Open today: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Wonderful Cooking and Calligraphy Lessons

We decided to visit this experience as we like to support local business and, of course, meet local... read more

Reviewed 24 March 2020
gkenrick
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Fun and interesting experience

My wife and I were staying in the area and visited Wakana for her calligraphy and cooking classes... read more

Reviewed 24 March 2020
G2427MTpaulk
London, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Chiyoda
from USD 77.50
from USD 56.78
from USD 118.30
from USD 157.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a private lesson from Wakana. She is extremely friendly, fun, and a great teacher. I would highly recommend this as a great activity if you’re looking to learn how to make Japanese foods and experience more of the Japanese culture in an intimate setting.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

The calligraphy class with Wakana was lots of fun and very informative. Wakana was a very knowledgeable and patient teacher. We really enjoyed her class and left with a piece of work that we were all proud of. A must do experience whilst in Tokyo!!

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing time learning udon noodles and calligraphy! Wakana is a very friendly and kind teacher

Reviewed 24 April 2018

We did Calligraphy class, Udon noodles and Tsunami-zaiku (flowers) at Wakana's place. Wakana was a great teacher and we had lots of fun. We learned a lot about calligraphy. We did the words "music" and "angel". Calligraphy is done right-handed. But as we are left-handed, we have to change our writing but Wakana was very patient and nice and showed us everything. At the end we were very happy with the results :-) And we loved Udon noodles, they really taste delicious! We also made Tsunami-zaiku which was little tricky at the beginning but with some practice and Wakana's help we could manage easily. The flowers are a great and colorful souvenir for bringing home. I can recommend Wakalture to everyone who is interested in Japanese culture.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Took my girlfriend to have a calligraphy class with Wakana when we visited in February for her birthday. Wakana was exceptionally friendly, talkative and also a great teacher! We enjoyed a class which never felt rushed and had some great souvenirs to take home at the end of it. On top of all this, Wakana was kind enough to make a origami flower to give to my girlfriend for her birthday. Genuinely thoughtful and friendly person who I would highly recommend to visit if you're in Tokyo!

Date of experience: February 2018