Open today: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Excellent! Super fun for the family

We enjoyed our Udon noodle and calligraphy classes. Wakana was an excellent teacher. We started... read more

Reviewed 21 November 2023
Paoosa
Scaggsville, Maryland
via mobile
Fantastic cooking and calligraphy class. The best way to take a break from busy Tokyo. Kids loved the experience!!

Fantastic cooking and calligraphy class. Wakana is amazing! She taught us how to prepare udon... read more

Reviewed 21 November 2023
Ed_likestraveling
Laurel, Maryland
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Chiyoda
from AU$208.78
1-Day Tokyo Bus Tour
5,271 Reviews
from AU$182.02
from AU$198.35
from AU$167.03
More Info
All reviews udon noodles tea ceremony from scratch couple of hours kanji teacher lesson art dough class knowledge oishi japan encouraging
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Add Wakalture to the top of your list. I signed up for one two-hour class. I enjoyed it so much that I took another class the next day. I suggest spending a couple hours with Wakana and then walking nearby to some of Tokyo's popular attractions.

Pros:
- Learning Shodo art and being introduced to Japanese language.
- Opportunity to experience Japanese culture outside of hotels, restaurants, and tourist attractions.
- Her studio is located in a residential area that is less touristy and more traditional. She is located among family-owned shops and restaurants.
- I walked to Ueno Park. It has a huge pond, places to sit, a market, museums, and shrines.
- Wakana is patient, friendly, speaks English well, and treated me like a good friend.

Cons:
- I was commuting from Yokohoma, and the subway ride took an hour and a half each way. If I had I been staying in Tokyo, Wakana's studio would have been quick and easy. She is located near several subway stations.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

I had a lovely and fun time! The calligraphy lesson was very detailed and the teacher explained everything about japanese words and kanji characters. It was an amazing experience and a great memory from my Tokyo trip!

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Had a great Japanese cultural experience with Wakana learning Calligraphy, and joining a traditional tea ceremony, my family and I had the best day, highly recommended

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Perfect Japanese experience!
Calligraphy lessons followed by traditional tea ceremony.
The host Wakana is so friendly, helpful and speaks English.
My family & I loved it and I would recommend this to anyone.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

I took part of the calligraphy lesson. The teacher was very accommodating - tried to make me physically very comfortable. I must also say that I felt psychologically very comfortable there.

Date of experience: May 2017