Add Wakalture to the top of your list. I signed up for one two-hour class. I enjoyed it so much that I took another class the next day. I suggest spending a couple hours with Wakana and then walking nearby to some of Tokyo's popular attractions.
- Learning Shodo art and being introduced to Japanese language.
- Opportunity to experience Japanese culture outside of hotels, restaurants, and tourist attractions.
- Her studio is located in a residential area that is less touristy and more traditional. She is located among family-owned shops and restaurants.
- I walked to Ueno Park. It has a huge pond, places to sit, a market, museums, and shrines.
- Wakana is patient, friendly, speaks English well, and treated me like a good friend.
- I was commuting from Yokohoma, and the subway ride took an hour and a half each way. If I had I been staying in Tokyo, Wakana's studio would have been quick and easy. She is located near several subway stations.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.