Open today: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Excellent! Super fun for the family

We enjoyed our Udon noodle and calligraphy classes. Wakana was an excellent teacher. We started... read more

Reviewed 21 November 2023
Paoosa
Scaggsville, Maryland
via mobile
Fantastic cooking and calligraphy class. The best way to take a break from busy Tokyo. Kids loved the experience!!

Fantastic cooking and calligraphy class. Wakana is amazing! She taught us how to prepare udon... read more

Reviewed 21 November 2023
Ed_likestraveling
Laurel, Maryland
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Chiyoda
from AU$208.78
1-Day Tokyo Bus Tour
5,271 Reviews
from AU$182.02
from AU$198.35
from AU$167.03
More Info
All reviews udon noodles tea ceremony from scratch couple of hours kanji teacher lesson art dough class knowledge oishi japan encouraging
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Perfect Japanese experience!
Calligraphy lessons followed by traditional tea ceremony.
The host Wakana is so friendly, helpful and speaks English.
My family & I loved it and I would recommend this to anyone.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 27 May 2017

I took part of the calligraphy lesson. The teacher was very accommodating - tried to make me physically very comfortable. I must also say that I felt psychologically very comfortable there.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing Japanese cultural experience with Wakana! She's super friendly, patient and her knowledge about calligraphy is excellent! We learned many interesting things in just few hours.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

My 14 year old daughter and I had a guided tour of Ueno / Akihabara, teaching in calligraphy and we learned how to make udon noodles. I had very nice email communication with Wakana in advance of the course. She provided complementary instructions about the course and where we were to meet. She also gave me great tips on tea ceremony, kimono and manga drawing courses. Even though we had a rainy day, we had a lovely trip in the Ueno park. We received many useful tips on places to see and shop in Akihabara. We had an oishi dorayaki! It was really fun to make udon noodles. Wakana has been doing calligraphy for over 20 years and is a good teacher with a lot of knowledge. It gives a completely different dimension when you visit Japan and meet, talk to and visit someone living there. I really recommend a Wakalture experience!

Reviewed 20 April 2017

My daughters (ages 11 and 9) and I spent time with Wakana in her home last week during our 1-week visit to Japan. We had such a wonderful experience learning to make Udon and do calligraphy. The whole experience took about 2.5 hours, and we really enjoyed the relaxed pace.

Wakana is warm and inviting, patient and kind. She is well-traveled and excellent with English. She shared with us that her goal is to give back to the traveler community since she has had such good experiences abroad.

We highly recommend a visit to Wakana to enjoy a taste of true Japanese culture!