Open today: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Great experience!

Such an incredible experience!! Wakana taught an amazing class on calligraphy and included so much... read more

Reviewed 8 March 2024
Getaway698302
Excellent! Super fun for the family

We enjoyed our Udon noodle and calligraphy classes. Wakana was an excellent teacher. We started... read more

Reviewed 21 November 2023
Paoosa
Scaggsville, Maryland
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Chiyoda
1-Day Tokyo Bus Tour
6,210 Reviews
from AU$180.04
from AU$196.19
from AU$165.22
from AU$243.59
More Info
All reviews udon noodles tea ceremony from scratch couple of hours kanji teacher lesson art dough class knowledge oishi japan encouraging
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 April 2017

My 14 year old daughter and I had a guided tour of Ueno / Akihabara, teaching in calligraphy and we learned how to make udon noodles. I had very nice email communication with Wakana in advance of the course. She provided complementary instructions about the course and where we were to meet. She also gave me great tips on tea ceremony, kimono and manga drawing courses. Even though we had a rainy day, we had a lovely trip in the Ueno park. We received many useful tips on places to see and shop in Akihabara. We had an oishi dorayaki! It was really fun to make udon noodles. Wakana has been doing calligraphy for over 20 years and is a good teacher with a lot of knowledge. It gives a completely different dimension when you visit Japan and meet, talk to and visit someone living there. I really recommend a Wakalture experience!

Reviewed 20 April 2017

My daughters (ages 11 and 9) and I spent time with Wakana in her home last week during our 1-week visit to Japan. We had such a wonderful experience learning to make Udon and do calligraphy. The whole experience took about 2.5 hours, and we really enjoyed the relaxed pace.

Wakana is warm and inviting, patient and kind. She is well-traveled and excellent with English. She shared with us that her goal is to give back to the traveler community since she has had such good experiences abroad.

We highly recommend a visit to Wakana to enjoy a taste of true Japanese culture!

Reviewed 15 April 2017

Wakana Murasawa was an excellent host! She helped us with instructions on how to meet her, met us one time, showed us beautiful Ueno Park, wonderful Dorayaki from the famous Usagiya, and a fun and informative calligraphy class!

1  Thank Mofangus
Reviewed 7 April 2017

I took the walking tour, calligraphy class, and made origami with Wakana. She was knowledgeable as well as fun to hang out with! We visited some temples, had some snacks and tea, and I learned a lot about Japanese culture. Her calligraphy is beautiful and inspiring, and she is a welcoming and patient teacher. I would highly recommend any of the activities to someone visiting Tokyo!

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

I tried with my own hands at Japanese calligraphy, and making and cooking Udon, one of the most loved traditional noodle in Japan.
When I experience another culture with both my body and soul, I further enhance the memories of my trip.
Hands-on classes that I can freely participate in are recommended for travelers who want to experience traditional Japanese culture and craftwork.

Date of experience: January 2017