Wakalture Experience -Japanese Calligraphy and Cooking
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Great experience with a lovely teacher

I had a combination of a calligraphy and an origami class and I loved it! I didn't even expect that... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
lamaju0
via mobile
Very fun and different

My wife and I both love to cook. We came to japan looking to try and learn about its culture and... read more

Reviewed 1 November 2018

from USD 139.00
from USD 125.00
from USD 90.00
More Info
All reviews calligraphy class udon noodles calligraphy lesson great teacher patient teacher japanese culture noodle making making class traditional tea ceremony a lot of fun private lesson great activity ueno park learn how from scratch interesting things explained everything
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Wakana Murasawa was an excellent host! She helped us with instructions on how to meet her, met us one time, showed us beautiful Ueno Park, wonderful Dorayaki from the famous Usagiya, and a fun and informative calligraphy class!

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank Mofangus
Reviewed 7 April 2017

I took the walking tour, calligraphy class, and made origami with Wakana. She was knowledgeable as well as fun to hang out with! We visited some temples, had some snacks and tea, and I learned a lot about Japanese culture. Her calligraphy is beautiful and inspiring, and she is a welcoming and patient teacher. I would highly recommend any of the activities to someone visiting Tokyo!

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

I tried with my own hands at Japanese calligraphy, and making and cooking Udon, one of the most loved traditional noodle in Japan.
When I experience another culture with both my body and soul, I further enhance the memories of my trip.
Hands-on classes that I can freely participate in are recommended for travelers who want to experience traditional Japanese culture and craftwork.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 9 February 2017

I contacted Wakana about doing the walking tour and taking the calligraphy class, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time w/her. We had a really nice chat while walking around and she showed me a couple of temples where we had a few laughs. In regard to the calligraphy class, it was great. She's very patient, which was good because I wasted a few sheets of her paper practicing. She took the time to explain things carefully and paid close attention to what I was doing to compliment me or point out the correct technique. I hope to make it back to Tokyo one day, and if I do I will definitely look her up.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 30 January 2017

I had two days in Tokyo to spare and decided the first day I would walk as much of the city as possible but for the second day I really wanted to experience the day with a local, learning some skills I could carry with me for the rest of my life - so I found this Udon noodle making & calligraphy experience with Wakana and I'm SO glad I did. What an excellent day, Wakana is a great teacher and it's nice to connect with a lovely host to understand your city of visit.

Date of experience: January 2017