Open today: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Great experience!

Such an incredible experience!! Wakana taught an amazing class on calligraphy and included so much... read more

Reviewed 8 March 2024
Getaway698302
Excellent! Super fun for the family

We enjoyed our Udon noodle and calligraphy classes. Wakana was an excellent teacher. We started... read more

Reviewed 21 November 2023
Paoosa
Scaggsville, Maryland
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Chiyoda
1-Day Tokyo Bus Tour
6,183 Reviews
from AU$179.24
from AU$195.32
from AU$164.48
from AU$242.51
More Info
All reviews udon noodles tea ceremony from scratch couple of hours kanji teacher lesson art dough class knowledge oishi japan encouraging
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 April 2017

I took the walking tour, calligraphy class, and made origami with Wakana. She was knowledgeable as well as fun to hang out with! We visited some temples, had some snacks and tea, and I learned a lot about Japanese culture. Her calligraphy is beautiful and inspiring, and she is a welcoming and patient teacher. I would highly recommend any of the activities to someone visiting Tokyo!

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

I tried with my own hands at Japanese calligraphy, and making and cooking Udon, one of the most loved traditional noodle in Japan.
When I experience another culture with both my body and soul, I further enhance the memories of my trip.
Hands-on classes that I can freely participate in are recommended for travelers who want to experience traditional Japanese culture and craftwork.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 9 February 2017

I contacted Wakana about doing the walking tour and taking the calligraphy class, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time w/her. We had a really nice chat while walking around and she showed me a couple of temples where we had a few laughs. In regard to the calligraphy class, it was great. She's very patient, which was good because I wasted a few sheets of her paper practicing. She took the time to explain things carefully and paid close attention to what I was doing to compliment me or point out the correct technique. I hope to make it back to Tokyo one day, and if I do I will definitely look her up.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 31 January 2017

I had two days in Tokyo to spare and decided the first day I would walk as much of the city as possible but for the second day I really wanted to experience the day with a local, learning some skills I could carry with me for the rest of my life - so I found this Udon noodle making & calligraphy experience with Wakana and I'm SO glad I did. What an excellent day, Wakana is a great teacher and it's nice to connect with a lovely host to understand your city of visit.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 12 January 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed the class, preparing,cooking and eating the udon noodles, as well as learning about Japanese culture and then some great paper folding origami. Would highly recommend. Ta. Wakana for the class.

Date of experience: December 2016