Wakalture Experience -Japanese Calligraphy and Cooking
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Great experience with a lovely teacher

I had a combination of a calligraphy and an origami class and I loved it! I didn't even expect that... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
lamaju0
via mobile
Very fun and different

My wife and I both love to cook. We came to japan looking to try and learn about its culture and... read more

Reviewed 1 November 2018
AllanG61
Ft Lauderdale
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Chiyoda
from USD 125.00
from USD 68.80
from USD 150.00
from USD 114.10
More Info
All reviews calligraphy class udon noodles calligraphy lesson great teacher patient teacher japanese culture noodle making making class traditional tea ceremony a lot of fun private lesson great activity ueno park learn how from scratch interesting things explained everything
Reviewed 30 January 2017

I had two days in Tokyo to spare and decided the first day I would walk as much of the city as possible but for the second day I really wanted to experience the day with a local, learning some skills I could carry with me for the rest of my life - so I found this Udon noodle making & calligraphy experience with Wakana and I'm SO glad I did. What an excellent day, Wakana is a great teacher and it's nice to connect with a lovely host to understand your city of visit.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 12 January 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed the class, preparing,cooking and eating the udon noodles, as well as learning about Japanese culture and then some great paper folding origami. Would highly recommend. Ta. Wakana for the class.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed 10 December 2016

Did a calligraphy writing class with Wakana and it was a very interesting and insightful experience. Wakana is a very knowledgeable and patient teacher who is passionate about Japanese culture, and I really enjoyed the class and learned many new things about the more subtle aspects of Japanese culture. I would definitely recommend taking one of her classes if you are in Tokyo.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed 31 October 2016

I really enjoyed my Udon making class with the very competent teacher Wakana. Simply try it out, too, you will not regret.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 26 September 2016

I really enjoyed learning about Japanese calligraphy & Wakana is a brilliant teacher.

Wakana is a brilliant teacher who helped me develop my skill over my short visit. It takes such skill and patience to produce the correct strokes, but I felt that I really learnt a lot.

It was a lot of fun and something I would recommend for people interested in more traditional Japanese culture.

Date of experience: April 2016