Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Excellent! Super fun for the family

We enjoyed our Udon noodle and calligraphy classes. Wakana was an excellent teacher. We started... read more

Reviewed 21 November 2023
Paoosa
Scaggsville, Maryland
via mobile
Fantastic cooking and calligraphy class. The best way to take a break from busy Tokyo. Kids loved the experience!!

Fantastic cooking and calligraphy class. Wakana is amazing! She taught us how to prepare udon... read more

Reviewed 21 November 2023
Ed_likestraveling
Laurel, Maryland
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Chiyoda
from AU$207.25
1-Day Tokyo Bus Tour
5,130 Reviews
from AU$180.68
from AU$196.88
from AU$165.80
More Info
All reviews udon noodles tea ceremony from scratch couple of hours kanji teacher lesson art dough class knowledge oishi japan encouraging
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 January 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed the class, preparing,cooking and eating the udon noodles, as well as learning about Japanese culture and then some great paper folding origami. Would highly recommend. Ta. Wakana for the class.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed 11 December 2016

Did a calligraphy writing class with Wakana and it was a very interesting and insightful experience. Wakana is a very knowledgeable and patient teacher who is passionate about Japanese culture, and I really enjoyed the class and learned many new things about the more subtle aspects of Japanese culture. I would definitely recommend taking one of her classes if you are in Tokyo.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed 31 October 2016

I really enjoyed my Udon making class with the very competent teacher Wakana. Simply try it out, too, you will not regret.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 26 September 2016

I really enjoyed learning about Japanese calligraphy & Wakana is a brilliant teacher.

Wakana is a brilliant teacher who helped me develop my skill over my short visit. It takes such skill and patience to produce the correct strokes, but I felt that I really learnt a lot.

It was a lot of fun and something I would recommend for people interested in more traditional Japanese culture.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed 18 July 2016

My friends and I from Australia had a great time learning calligraphy from Wakana at the Wakalture Experience! Was a fun authentic experience which added some traddition to our Tokyo trip. Would highly reccomend to any foreign travelers, Wakana's english is great and was very helpful when learning. Be sure to check it out when you next visit!

Date of experience: October 2015