All reviews four seasons beautiful garden luxury hotel an oasis japanese garden room service hotel garden soba restaurant il teatro fabulous hotel the nearest train station executive suite l occitane impeccable service luxurious rooms kobe beef yu spa
Reviewed 10 November 2016

Beautiful hotel with big size rooms and everything you need for a comfortable stay including 5 restaurants on site with exquisite menus. It is located a bit away from touristy spots but train is close and easy to use to access these. Local eateries are a bit iffy but then again we didn't look too hard. Mostly ate in hotels restaurants. Five star all the way.

Room Tip: Garden view was excellent. Watching weddings from tenth floor gave a great perspective
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aussie_Daii
hotelchinzansotokyo0, Director of Guest Services at Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Dear Aussie_Daii Sama,

Thank you very much for your kind review and giving us the five stars all the way. We do hope you will have another chance to come and stay with us. At that time, the concierge will give you plenty of information about local eateries as well. There are actually some 5 star Michelin restaurants in Kagurazaka, a very pleasant neigborhood which is just a short taxi ride away.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

This luxurious hotel has a fantastic zen garden with a pavillion, a lake and a stream. Great place for an evening meditation. The rooms are nice and spacious, the night view is amazing from the rooms. The subway is 10 minutes walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
hotelchinzansotokyo0, Director of Guest Services at Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Dear bogric Sama,

Thank you for visiting our hotel and for writing a review here. I was happy to read that you considered the service excellent, used the word luxurious for the hotel and enjoyed the garden. The garden is indeed a very special area and makes you forget that you are in the middle of a big city. At night we illuminate the garden differently depending on the season. I hope you will visit us again, maybe at another time of the year. We will be glad to welcome you back.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here only 1 night and was with a group that arrived around 7 pm for dinner in their La Jardin banquet room. Food was decent, but portions small. Banquet employees were very nice. We were given a room on the 14th floor and upon entering the room, noticed a strong smoke smell. Also, room did not have outlets by the beds to plug our electronics in. When looking under the nightstand, I noticed a lot of messy wiring. Behind our bed, noticed wallpaper peeling off. The room decor is more traditional than updated. They have a automatic panel by the beds that allows you to close the lights and window curtains with a push of a button. The marble bathroom was very large and had a large tub and separate shower stall, but there are signs of mold forming between the tiles. The toilet is also in a small separate room and automatically warms the seat upon sitting. Amenities provided include a hairdryer, toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, but no iron or ironing board.

Overall, very nice hotel but could use some improvements here in there.

Stayed: October 2016
hotelchinzansotokyo0, Director of Guest Services at Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2016

Dear Wendy5o4 Sama,

Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your feedback. To learn more about the guest' experience is very important to us for improving our services and facilities. Several floors of the hotel have already been renovated in the last two years and smoking has been banned. The 14th floor will be renovated in the near future. Hopefully, you will have another chance to visit us. We will do our utmost to arrange a refurbished, non-smoking room at that time.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

I am staying at the Chinzanso Tokyo as I write this and I have to say this is by far the best service and most attentive staff I have ever encountered in any of my travels. I have stayed in more luxurious rooms but the room I received is very spacious, extremely comfortable and has a phenomenal shower and bath.

One added luxury is that the hotel has L'Occitan toiletries - which have always been my favorite. And they leave delicious pastries, chocolate and free bottles of water every day. I know we sometimes takes those things for granted but I've stayed at hotels in the U.S. that charged nearly $1,000 a night and still charge for the water and wifi.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Check out the gardens and temple nearby.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Christian A

Dear Christian A Sama,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. All the staff and I were delighted reading it and it motivates all of us to keep on doing our very best. Another thank you for both your first and the second visit. It is always nice to see that our guests are happy in our hotel and Tokyo and enjoying themselves.
Hopefully your first work day, right after arriving home, was not too heavy! Please rest well during the weekend.
I do hope to see you again when you return to Tokyo. We will be ready to provide the best service again.

andre

Reviewed 29 August 2016

My family of 4 stayed for 6 nights in August 2016. We had a great time. It’s a proper 5 star hotel with all the facilities (superb pools and gym, absolutely exceptional concierge services even by Japanese standards which are normally excellent, perfect room service, our room was beautiful etc). There’s a really beautiful garden with a temple so try to get a garden view room. The location isn’t central but there’s a metro nearby and Japanese taxis are reasonably priced and highly available. I would have to say that the food which is proficient and wonderfully served is … well, a touch overpriced at times, even by Tokyo standards. C’est la vie – it was an enjoyable experience

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Simon L
hotelchinzansotokyo0, Director of Guest Services at Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Dear Mr. Simon L (and your family),

Thank you for your relatively long stay with us and for giving your comments on this site. I am glad to read that you were satisfied with your stay. The concierge was happy to assist you and I will pass your comment on to them.
My apologies for not being able to ask about your trip to Hakone and for personally saying goodbye to you upon your departure. My schedule unexpectedly changed and I could not make it on time to see you when you left the hotel. Hopefully, I will be the first one to welcome you back in our hotel one day.

Andre