Lowest prices for your stay
USD 59
Free cancellation until 26/08/22
TravelocityUSD 59
PricelineUSD 61
FindHotelUSD 60
All reviews chiyoda line minute walk yushima bath ryokan wifi station tokyo ochanomizu apa rise sauna
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I travel to Tokyo since 2004. Everytime I stay in Hotel Edoya. It became a second home for me.

I always book a japanese style room and I always try to get the same room. For me, the most important thing is a clean bath room and a comfy bed to sleep. Both are available in Hotel Edoya for a fair price. It is written "never patch a running system", therefore I will return to Hotel Edoya on my next trip, for sure. -- But after all these years I come to the conclusion, that some things definately need an upgrade (specially the carpet in the corridore and the taps in the shower). Beside that it is a great place. My room also had a brand new air condition.

The hotel is located close to Ueno park. For people arriving at Narita Airport there is a direct train connection to Ueno called Keisei Liner. You don't have to bother yourself changing the train at Tokyo station. For backpacker or people with a good trolley: You can walk the 1.5km from the station to the hotel.

For sightseeing many subway station are in less than 10 min. walking distance: Yamanote Line, Ginza Line, Chiyoda Line, and some more. With these lines you can reach every point in or around Tokyo. This is the reason why I always decided for Hotel Edoya: It is a good starting point for discovering Tokyo. Ueno Park, Yushima Tenmangu and Kanda Myoin are in walking distance, also Akihabara is very close.

The personal is extremly helpful. If I had a problem I could rely on their help. They also have a good idea for places you can visit. In 2008 they gave me the idea for a good place for cherry blossom and the about the festival at Nezu Jinja. In 2012 they send me to Kaneiji where I rang the temple bell on New Years Eve.

By the way: There is also a tiny rotenburo (public outdoor bath tub) on the roof. It ist nice to sit there, in the hot water, with the star above and the sound of the megacity aorund me.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
7  Thank Seidenpriester
Reviewed 20 January 2013

This ryokan is good and cheap. Authentic Japanese style room with its own bathroom. Most ryokans in Japan are shared bathroom. Room is spacious, with the living room and bedroom separated. The rooms can accommodate big groups of tourists. It is quite difficult to find accommodation for big groups in Japan so this a very good choice of accommodation.. Breakfast is provided daily but most of the food are Japanese food like white rice with pickles.. Western style breakfast were just some toast and coffee.. Hotel Staffs are very friendly.. Hotel location is very convenient. Walking to the nearest metro station, Yushima station, only takes about 5 mins.. Amenities such as hair dryer, shampoo, shower etc. were all provided.. The only bad point is about the bathroom.. Bathroom is old. There were some stains and smell in the wooden bath tub. The shower head was not working very well. Turned the tap till the max but the hot water still turned out cold. So I had decided to use the hot water tap in the bath tub. But the tap in the bath tub was very low so I had to sit on the stool while showering.. In summary, I will still choose to stay in Hotel Edoya again because it's really worth the stay..

There was an incident about the chambermaid who accidentally threw away my Tokyo Tower water bottle. Maybe the chambermaid thought the bottle was empty and useless that is why she threw it away. I was pretty upset about this but I did not complain as I would not be able to get the bottle back. So please do not leave anything (those that might look useless) on the table as it could be thrown away..

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Last-Quarter
Reviewed 11 January 2013

This hotel is old and worn out in some respects, but it provides excellent value for money and a genuine ryokan feel. There is wifi and computers in the lobby, basic breakfast provided and the staff are extremely helpful, despite their limited English. The location is very good, a short walk from the Keisei express terminus, and surrounded by subway stations. Recommended.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Nice place to stay. This is quiet old hotel, but nice staff, they are really helpful even speak limited English. Good location close 2 station. If you want to have a Japanese Experience hotel this is a good option. Very good price in Tokyo. Buffet Breakfast including.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShihYuan
Reviewed 16 October 2012

4 people all adults, we stayed 3 nights First week of Oct, 2012..we got one room Japanese style for 4 ppl..we stayed on the 4th floor..the room we stayed was good, the tatamis look new ..the toilet is narrow, considering many foreigners have big sizes..the shower is just right for any sizes..the shower handle is new and clean..the fridge is clean, the tv is a small to meduim size and flat screen..the futons were clean and good to sleep on..u will have also ur hotel yukatas and bath and toilet amenities..the room cleaning service is done everyday..abt the bugs that a few ppl were commenting..well..we did not have any experience abt it..

the breakfast is all right altho they serve the same breakfast menu every morning, coffee is good, too, where u eat the breakky is clean and good ambience..

the public bath like the locker /changing room for women is average, the place where u publicly have a shower before going to the public hot bath is also average but the tiles they have looks already very old..but the stone type hot bath outside looks all right..

the location is very good altho most comments said by many ppl is the hilly road going back to the hotel..well..its really true but then for me..its a good walking exercise and for awhile u dont really feel that u HAVE to go up again on that hilly road..it becomes a part of ur walking thing the hilly road..
its very near Akihabara..near train stations were u can connect from one station to another..its ver convienient..many food shops around the corner..many convienient stores..not really a problem to us when we stayed there..

there r 2 computers in the lobby and u can use it anytime, free including the printer with it..
WIFI in the lobby, too..
if u have ur own wifi u can use it in ur room just get the right place to put ur wifi to get a good signal..

the walk paths inside the hotel where u pass the rooms in each floor, well..yes its true, there is a smell which i think its because the hotel itself is very very old,,but not dampness..maybe they need to change their old carpets..coz i read comments that they said abt the hallways smells..

over all..its very good for groups staying coz its reasonably cheap..u can really save lots of hotel money from it..the staffs r good and can manage to speak english..

for me..if u r on a budget trip this a good hotel to stay just to give u a place to sleep, shower ..
if ur the extravagant type, the all u can traveler, well find another Japanese ryokan around Tokyo that r pricey..

we give this hotel a rating 8 out of 10..

Date of stay: October 2012