“Amazing Italian flavours”

Pulcini Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with
Pulcini Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 17 - USD 34
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A typical Italian restaurant, the only completely Italian restaurant (food, music and personal), where you can try the true flavors of the roman food in a family environment
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

If you have a hankering for true Italian food, look no further; this restaurant will not disappoint. Here you can taste food as if you were in Italy, with flavours you will unlikely find in any other restaurant. The owner and cook, Claudio Pulcini, is attentive to every detail of the Italian palate: he sources his ingredients meticulously from all over Italy and the result is sublime. This is a true family-run business: Rosalia, Claudio's wife, makes the fabulous desserts (if you have any room left after the generous portions of the antipasti, primi and secondi) and their son, Andrea, will likely entertain you with renditions from classic Italian songs. All in all, the best Italian food you can find out of Italy.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Great Italian homemade food, nice people & good prices!!
Very good pastas and desserts with traditional ingredients!

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

If you want to eat an Italian pasta you must go to Pulcini. The best Italian restaurant in Porto. For entrance pick the caprese with lovely pesto ice cream! A pizza to share! Afterward the carbonara is great. The ravioli are excellent. Gnocchi al pesto are just delicious. At the end save some space for the home made tiramisu!!!!

Reviewed 16 December 2015 via mobile

My expectations were really high. Before we decided to go to this restaurant we read the comments and evaluations here on tripadvisor. So the things started very well. The entrance was very good. But the dishes.... Omg, I don't want to remember that again. I asked a carbonara and was impossible for me to eat that crap. The pasta was full of fat and the bacon very rare which made the food worse.
When the maid came, she saw the plate field of food, and she not had the decency to ask if there was any problem with the food. She just brought the list of desserts. We do not ask anything more, at the moment we just wanted the bill and go away. I expected more of that type of restaurant, I paid too much for what I ate.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

Lovely, small italian restaurant with a family feel. We ate here several times during our stay - Food delicious & service great. My companion requested a difference to the dish on the menu and was very well looked after. I would recommend making a reservation for weekend dining.