“Don't let the limited English menu put you off”
Review of Schoonoord

Schoonoord
Ranked #6 of 25 Restaurants in Oosterbeek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

We'd seen good reviews on TripAdvisor so we thought we'd give it a go.

I wasn't impressed with the limited English menu and no English drink menu.

However, after ordering the "wok dish" I was really impressed. The flavours of coconut and lime were strong, the chicken tender and the rice perfect. Presented beautifully too. The same was the case for my wife's rib dish (not pictured) and my son's rib option (a bargain at 6.50€!).

All plates were spotless afterwards because we enjoyed it so much.

Service was attentive, friendly, warm and in excellent English.

If you don't go here you are daft.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We ate lunch here while touring the Oosterbeek/Arnhem area. The menu had nice variety as did their beer selections. Prices were very agreeable for portions served and the meals we had were very good. It is centrally located and the service was prompt and courteous.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Our group stopped her for lunch during a battlefields tour, this restaurant is a favourite with veterans and there were plenty of artefacts to view.
The menu was good and the food promptly served by the pleasant waitress.
The toilets were clean and tidy.
I would visit again

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch during a battlefield tour.
The staff seemed friendly enough and me and my friend ordered what we believe was a hot dog(that was what was written on the menu)
What came out was a couple of rolls(I had gluten free rolls,as they can cater for people with coeliac) with thin slices of raw beef!
I had a couple of bites of it but couldn’t finish it! Put me off a bit!
Would go again if in area but won’t be ordering that!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This place has a new owner since March 2018, which is a big leap forward. The food is of a good quality and fresh. But some improvements are still needed. They could not play silly "elevator" music. They could have pepper and salt on the tables. They could have sharp knives for the stake. But these are some minor things, which will hopefully change to the better.