Drummonds Hotel(Markinch)
USD 68
Balbirnie House(Markinch)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsapple tvsmall hotelstayed heregreat ambiencemodern shower roomattending a weddingnearby hotelgreat showerrecommend staying heretrain stationlovely meallovely roomtea and coffeewould definitely stay here againpuddinggreat value for moneyst andrews
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I have recently had to stop eating Gluten and having been to Banners House many times before for food, and having really enjoyed it, I figured they’d be able to do quite a lot of gluten free options since I believe everything is made fresh. The menu certainly seemed to suggest that allergies could be accommodated and I’d read another couple of TA reviews that had been pleased with the Gluten Free options. So we decided to give it a go for lunch one day.
When we sat down, I asked what the Gluten Free options were and I was told the manager would come and advise me (for some reason). About 10 minutes later, a lady came over to say (along the lines of) just choose something and we will check with the kitchen. Weird way to do things but ok. So I thought it would be a pretty Standard thing to have Gluten Free bread so thought if I’d chose a sandwich option - that was easy. No gluten free bread. Ok, so a burger without the bun. I was then advised (a few minutes after ordering) that the burger patty itself actually contained bread. I ended up with a chicken burger without the bun. I just feel it would have been helpful to actually just tell me my options straight off the bat. Oh, and please get some gluten free bread and put it in your freezer - it makes gluten allergen sufferers so happy when this small thing is offered. It really peeves me when it’s not to be honest.

The food was as usual lovely but my other gripe was that it took half an hour to receive our food and no one came and asked us if we would like any more drinks. We weren’t offered any sauces at the time the food arrived either.

It’s not likely we will go back because of all the faffing RE gluten free options. It’s stressful and embarrassing when there are only a few options that I would eat for lunch and those aren’t available due to their being no GF bread and gluten in the burger patty.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bee04121981
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I stay here most months on business and am almost reluctant to comment. Basically it is a fantastic little pub hotel. Clean and with friendly staff. The pub has a separate listing but does excellent food - inc breakfasts.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We went to the wedding off Jane and Simon Chapman. The menu was really very good. We have been to lots of weddings and had some fantastic meals ,but the food at Banner's is one of the best we have had. the service was excellent and the staff also was excellent and very helpful,The whole day and evening where exceptional. Well done to all the staff,making the day so special and unforgettable.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We needed somewhere nearby to the Lochgelly, when we looked last minute Banners House was by far the cheapest. The staff were brilliant and ever so helpful and friendly, when we initially got there at night they hadn't put the extra bed we requested in the room but they sorted it right there and then, which we were so grateful for after an 8 hour drive. We had an apartment so didn't use the restaurant, however it always looked busy which is a good sign. Would definitely use again, great value for money!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night at the end of August 2017 and consider myself fortunate to have found such a hidden gem.

My room was clean and comfortable including an extremely modern shower room and there were some nice touches in the form of quality toiletries, a hairdryer, free wi-fi etc.

Food was excellent and well presented, staff were all friendly and welcoming.

I thought that the food and accommodation were both excellent value for the price and would happily stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business