“Strange dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Easy pick... One of the best restaurants around. Very nice place. Charming, cozy, nicely decorated, not kitch at all.
We all found something for our delights.
Just the quality was not always there. The tagliata was not good... Full of nerve, difficult to cut and not tender. On the other side, The T-bone was one of the best I have ever had. So it's difficult to judge...
When we said that the meet not good form the Tagliata, the reaction was more protective than proactive. Despite the waitress was nice, she was clearly not up to such a restaurant and their customers.
And it was not the only issue we had. The desserts were all home made and very good. So they really know how to cook. It looks like they didn't liked us very much, because they somehow put salt in the sugar. The strawberries were so salty that there was no way to eat them. When we again asked for explanation the same waitress had again a wing reaction.
I'm really sorry for this restaurant since all I had was excellent. And if I was there alone I would give them 5 stars. But I was not alone. And putting salt in the desert that you can't eat it is really mean. So please don't let you intimidate and protest asap when you are not happy with the dishes you get served there.
At the end we had some discussions with the chef and he gave us a discount. Not even a drink though. So we took a legendario but the preparation was not good enough with the boiling water glass.
So overall an interesting don't with very good stuff and very bad.
If that's the number one they really need to improve service and treat better the customers.
The amarone wine was good, but normally you don't drink a 2 years amarone. And wait longer to poor such good wine.
So good and not good things happened... Overall happy with this strange feeling of not feeling well served...

1  Thank Ignacio R

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful food and dining area, the staff were extremely helpful and welcoming. The food was exquisite as well as the wine!! Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed 2 May 2016

We decided to have dinner here based on all the glowing reviews we read and we didn't regret it at all.
First thing that caught my eye was the beautiful location of Don Pedro and the dinner totally confirmed the very good impression I got from the beginning. Not only the exterior is amazing, but the interior also feels warm and cozy.
The menu is very original and appealing and all the dishes are prepared with a refined touch that makes them uniquely delicious!
Excellent quality/price ratio and impeccable service.
Highly recommended, I hope to come again very soon!

Reviewed 22 February 2016

A dining experience that promised so much and delivered so little. New to the area we were keen to see how good this restaurant was given its status as 'Ranked no.1 in Sarzana'' by Trip Advisor's reviewers. Our experience was one to forget. The first table we were shown to was so tightly jammed in between others that my wife was bumped every time a waiter scurried by from table to table. We requested a second table that had a seemingly irreparable wobble to it. The timing of the food delivery was disjointed to the point where my wife was half way thorugh her starter before I reached mine. The roles we were reversed with delivery of mains. The pork main was ridiculously large. Excessively and almost repulsively so. Service was haphazard and soulless.We didn't hang about for desserts nor coffee and hurried out.

Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

This was my second visit to the Don Pedro (first one was last August) and it has confirmed all the great qualities of the place, the food and the personal touch of the owner.
The restaurant garden is beautiful and welcoming, the perfect place for a summer dinner, but also inside the place is cozy and warm. The owner is attending with care and a nice personal touch, the menu is very interesting with his appealing mix of ingredients in the revisited and enriched traditional local and national recipes.
The bill is reasonable and let you leave with a smile for the nice experience.

1  Thank Chief632