“Simply fantastic !”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 December 2015 via mobile

Italians usually says that is in the little barrel that you'll found the best Wine...nothing could better describe this little,pretty, tidy restaurant. Few tables lovely disposed on a two floors building, few step from the ancient etrusca ruins, on the side of Cassia road. About the food...simply fantastic, every things you'll choose will be a pleasent surprise. Traditional food with a touch of young freshness. Wines list perfectly copuled with every meal. Price will be a further pleasent surprise. Do not hesitate to plan a visit to Sutri's archeological and city site and a food pleasure stop here.

Reviewed 17 April 2015

"Il Mitreo" lies in the ancient and picturesque setting of Sutri, just on the main road (SS2 Bis, Cassia Veientana). The young environment of this "osteria" makes it different from the other restaurants in Sutri, and eating here is definitely worth the shot!
Among the PROs: the cuisine is great (I have the feeling that the chef likes to experiment tasty variations on the typical italian dishes), the staff is friendly and young, it is very easy to reach (it has a huge parking nearby), clean, cute and carefully kept.
Among the CONS: it is quite small (there is room for about 20-22 people, I think), it is little too "young-ish", if you know what I mean (blackboard and coloured chalks, some books on the walls - but they were too few to be "cool").
Definitely a positive experience, I will gladly stop by again, if I have the chance.

1  Thank IN3lutTabil3
Reviewed 28 February 2015

I came here on a Sunday with a couple of friends and really enjoyed my time and meal. Delicious salad and soup, crunchy bread, fine wine, and a hearty, heavy, and tasty locally made weizen beer. I shared my friend's mixed vegetable appetizer plate and I ended up feeling guilty for eating more than half of the plate; however I just couldn't help it because it was so good. The staff were very friendly and courteous, and treated us as friends even though it was our first time visiting. A must-see when visiting the fascinating and historic town of Sutri. Lucky us they were doing business on a Sunday. Good times and good eats!

Reviewed 21 December 2014

antica osteria il Mitreo is a stop that could never be disappointing. My family includes both carnivores and vegetarians and these fine folk graciously accommodate all our desires. The mixed appetizer plate whether you order the usual version or the vegetarian one is a beautiful sight to behold and filled with such a variety of tastes to satisfy all the senses. The pasta dishes are very creative and each and every one is memorable. The wines are exceptional as is the service and setting. It is a small and intimate restaurant located directly across from the ancient Sutri grotto park. We enjoy trying new things each time we stop and can't wait to see what they come up with next. We had passed this location a number of times before we stopped and have only regretted not stopping sooner.

3  Thank Thombo648
Reviewed 25 September 2014

We ate here twice in the course of a week. First time, we were a party of 10 and later, when the others returned home, a party of 4. Best meals we had in Italy. Great presentation and, more important, delicious food. Add to that reasonable prices and engaging owners. Don't miss it, if you're ever in Sutri or its surrounding environs.

2  Thank Hayesman54