See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 May 2017

I returned here again in April 2017 because of a good experience in 2016. This finca lies peacefully in the middle of the countryside. Last year I found it charming, but lacking one or two touches of modern comforts. The good news is that there is a new owner and new Director who are putting new life into the old-fashioned charm. One of its greatest assets is on-call local tour guide Toni Sastre. Toni will organise tours on request, or offer some suggestions, depending on your preferences (walking, biking or e-biking) and your level of ambition. He has huge local knowledge and speaks German and English. It looks like the new team will keep the atmosphere of buildings, but upgrade some of the facilities. Casa del Virrey, with Natascha (Director) and Toni, will increase its appeal even more.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

I was here for a long weekend to enjoy road cycling in Mallorca.
I love the hotel, the location is perfect, the building feels like a little castle and the staff is very nice. I would definitely come again.
It is not in walking distance to a village, but I'd you have car or bicycle you should be fine.
The restaurant has a small menu, but everything was good and the breakfast buffet has everything you need.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 24 May 2017

Dear cdamian,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Casa del Virrey for your weekend stay. Your comments are truly Important to us ,and we appreciate the time you have taken to write them. The menu has already changed as of today - and we hope that the next time you come back you will enjoy the variety of our new menu
The whole team is looking forward to welcoming you back.

Natascha Dorst

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Absolutely stunning location and breakfast was superb. Staff were friendly and welcoming, though service was a little slow. Double bed was uncomfortable with a sagging mattress and no springs. A mix of really good and mediocre but can't beat the tranquility and overall setting.

Stayed: September 2016
1  Thank HarryN63
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Very nice breakfast (really great coffee and sobreasado) - extremely helpful staff - beautiful setting - beautiful historic place!
The balconies of the rooms are amazing, with amazing views.
The pool looked great, did not have time though.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2015

Our travel insurance company booked me into this hotel because it was reasonably close to the hospital in Inca. Our son had to have is appendix removed while we were on holiday and wasn't well enough to leave hospital until a few days after our planned return date. The insurance company took care of the booking for me, for which I was very grateful.

The sign at the entrance to Casa Del Virray makes reference to a 'rural hotel'. It certainly is, being set well away from the road and any other property. It is a couple of km from Inca, on the road to Sacelles. It is also very quiet. Having stepped out of the car, the only sound I could hear was the crickets!

As my son was in hospital, I spent most of my time with him, so only used the hotel to store our bags and to shower and change. Consequently, I can't comment on the services, but my room was clean and well presented.

I didn't eat in the hotel, nor did I have a lot of contact with the staff, but they seemed genuinely interested in my son's wellbeing. I got the impression that their main clientele are German, but there were a few other Brits staying there.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends