“Amazing Seafood + Value + Service ”

O Novo Cabalo Furado
Ranked #8 of 50 Restaurants in Tui
Price range: USD 0 - USD 122
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Shellfish, Fish fresh from the estuary, varied meats, homemade Desserts, tapas, Menu of the dayMarisco,Pescados frescos de la Ría, Carnes variadas, Postres caseros, Tapas variadas, Menu del Día.
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Top notch seafood prepared in that unique Galicia style. I was surprised with the value for money given the quality of the raw material, the location etc.
Service was very friendly despite a full room.
my favourite are the "navajas" and leave some room for the home made deserts

1  Thank LusoNavigator

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

A warm welcome on arrival in a beautiful sunny day. We had a booking in the Terrace but there is also indoor seating. The ambience was good and suitable for our group which included young children. The menu was honest, traditional Galician food. Large selection of fresh fish, seafood and a variety of meats were on the menu. Tapas as starters were also available. We had Jamon croquettes, calamares and tuna empanadas. For mains we had ox steak, beef Milanese and monkfish. All were well presented, tasty and freshly cooked. Serves were generous.

1  Thank Anna S
Reviewed 15 April 2016

Went here as part of a wine trade trip. We walked up from the hotel, which certainly worked up an appetite. We were not disappointed either. Food was marvellous - we chose a wide selection of tapas all washed down with some exceptional Albarino. The host was very genial and welcoming. Would certainly return when in the area again.

Reviewed 21 May 2015 via mobile

My wife and I spent a night at the very welcoming hotel O Novo Cabalo Furado, right next to the cathedral, and stopped for lunch at the downstairs restaurant. I don't usually review restaurants here, but this meal was worth writing about! We had a €13.50 menu, which, typically, included a something to drink, starters, a main dish and dessert. €13.50 is a bit steep. I live in Madrid and often have decent menus there for as little as €9. But the food here was special and justified the price. The 'empanada gallega' I had for starters was good, but the ox tail I had for the main dish was excellent! My favorite part, however, was the dessert: I'm still thinking about the subtle flavors of that cheese flan! The Galician wine was ok, but it was the weakest part of the meal. The environment at O Novo Cabalo Furado is lively and very Spanish. The waitress was busy, as the place was packed, but she took good care of us. I'll definitely stop by again next time I'm in Tui!

Reviewed 19 May 2015

We were just starting the Camino and this was our first dinner. Pouring with rain we had difficulty finding the right door. Once in we had the 13.50 menu which was great. A thoroughly enjoyable evening.