“Unfair practices”

Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

I have been twice.
The first time my youngest daughter (14) ordered a charcoaled sole. A big sole was carried to the table on a large tray before being cooked, to show its freshness, and after. They charged 60€ for the sole alone which seems to me outrageously expensive for a meal for a kid.

The second time I ordered again sole for 2 persons (thinking to share again a huge fish with my wife). This time they didn't carry anything to us neither before nor after cooking. On the contrary the dishes arrived already prepared with the cleaned fillets. Very strangely enough they didn't look like they belonged to the same fish: one much much smaller than the other.
I complaint for this but the owner repeatedly insisted that all this was ok.
This time they charged 26€ for each plate.

I won't come back anymore. Don't like this unfair practices.

2  Thank Guido Z

Reviewed 9 February 2017

we are fair regulars at el trasgu. not only does it have one of the best views and terraces in the sierra, the food is pretty darn good too. Marta, and her parents do a wonderful job of taking care of the client. Delicious are the erizos-sea urchin, ensaladilla rusa, any of the rice dishes. Great wine and dessert menu, and take it from me, they really help you plan a great party for groups or special events.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

The quality of the food is medium and the prices are a little bit expensive, but Oh Boy! what views of Madrid landscape. Probably the best anywhere in Madrid surroundings. Clearly, you have to go in summer for the views and enjoy both the dinner and the after dinner drink in the terrace. It is wonderful.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

Firstly it took them more than two days to confirm a reservation request. This is supposed to be an elegant restaurant. On arrival, in cold January, no-one offered to take our coats so we had to put them on our chairs. The waiting staff were poorly trained. One waitress came to our table dressed more for a rock concert than as a waitress - she appeared really inappropriately dressed and unrecognisable as a member of staff. They was also another female member of staff hanging out in a pair of Ugg boots when she wasn't smoking in the bar area. The food was really disappointing. Average at best. I had their signature "Solomillo Trasgu" which was a poorly prepared fillet drowning in a vegetable sauce and some grey looking vegetables. It is a shame as the area is crying out for a nice restaurant - they need to change their chef and the waiting staff (or at least their attitude) and then they might have more success.

2  Thank JuicyBites
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

I have gone to this restaurant several times and it never disappoints ! The place itself is beautiful with some nice views of Madrid and the food is delicious. Especially Recommend the tuna tataki and the ham croquetas. I don't give a 5 stars because some dishes weren't that great in my opinion (e.g. Ensaladilla rusa: good taste but didn't seem a real ensaladilla )
Service is excellent