“A beautiful view of the coast”

The Strand Inn Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 11 Restaurants in Dunmore East
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2017

We stopped at The Strand for lunch. It was a cold day. We walked in and were greeted with a warm welcome and fireplace. We had our first fish and chips ever and we were not disappointed. The fish was very fresh, lightly battered, very good. Others in our party had the soup of the day and salads. All were delighted with their meals.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

My partner and I went to The Strand as we love dining there for the food, views and the buzz on a sunny day.I had the prawn linguini quite pricey but very tasty and my partner had the steak which he relished.Service to the table was excellent and faultless.My only criticism was when my partner went to pay both he and the customer before him were waiting for ages.The cashier inside the bar was having a jovial chat with another member of staff.She glanced at the guys waiting to pay but ignored them.Eventually she let the first guy go but just as my guy was about to hand her the money another friend of hers leaned over the bar to chat to her and again he couldn't pay.Once she finished her chat she snatched the money from his hand.Such a pity,the whole lunch was perfect and the other staff were lovely

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

We really enjoy dinner here, fish was super fresh and dishes came quickly, food was very tasty and service was helpful & welcoming

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Wonderful place to stop off in Dunmore East. Very friendly service and food is excellent quality. Family friendly and the setting is fantastic overlooking the sea in the recently renovated dining room.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

On a good day especially summertime this is one of my favourite places to sit outside and enjoy a pint after a swim or stroll. If the weather is right you would think you were on the Mediterranean. Great view all the way across to co. Wexford . Food is good here but can be a little expensive depending on season. Always nice staff service good. Recommended if in Dunmore relaxl and watch life go by.