“Fantastic coffee & truffles”
Review of Millie's Tea Rooms

Millie's Tea Rooms
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Hayfield
Price range: USD 1 - USD 11
Description: Traditional Tearoom with friendly, welcoming staff set in the heart of the beautiful Peak District village of Hayfield. All food is baked on the premises from fresh, local ingredients. Sumptuous Afternoon Teas are served once a month by prior booking. Decadent Cakes are baked daily and served alongside Soups, Pies, Quiches and Salads. A selection of Hot and Cold Sandwiches are available and we do takeaway Packed Lunches. Our children's sandwich with a few crisps and crudites is just £1.75. Our Fairtrade Coffee and Tea sits alongside a wide selection of cold refreshing drinks. A complimentary Chocolate is served with every Hot Drink! Our on-site Chocolatier, Steve makes exquisite handmade Chocolates sold individually by weight or in beautiful Ribbon Tied Gift Boxes making Millie's a fantastic stopping place! We look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Having received a box of delicious truffles from Millie's as a gift, I wanted to get some for a friend, so it was a great excuse to meet with my parents for a coffee and a chat. It was mid morning so we just had coffee and shared a couple of toasted tea cakes but I have to say the breakfast menu sounded delicious.
I drink my coffee black and it is very rare that I ever get a cup of coffee that meets my expectations. This coffee was by far the best I have had anywhere in the U.K. recently let alone a small place like Hayfield. Really strong, robust and full flavoured - no need for an extra shot here!
No complaints either over the toasted tea cake but the real star of the show was the complimentary chocolate truffles. Wow.
I will definitely go back to Millie's. Yes the service was a little slow but what's the rush, and I definitely need to try the veggie breakfast with halloumi with my excellent coffee.

Management response:Responded 24 July 2017

Thank you for your lovely comments. Look forward to seeing you soon for breakfast!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Had coffee and cakes here. Service was excellent and there was plenty of space for our group of 4, even though the café was busy. The cakes all looked delicious and it was difficult to choose. I opted for Bakewell Tart, others had Victoria sponge. Coffee (flat white) was nice but would have been better made with whole milk. The home made chocolates on display looked lovely; they brought us one free with our drinks and they were indeed lovely.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We've eaten here a number of times for breakfast and lunch the food is amazing. I thoroughly recommend the full English breakfast. Great value for money in my opinion.
One thing that irks me at other establishments is the amount of butter they give you for toast, there's never enough however this is not the case at Millie's lots of butter per slice.
Complementary chocolates with coffee is a very nice touch.
Cannot fault this place the staff are lovely and very attentive, we also took our very well behaved puppy, who was also made welcome by the staff.

Would definitely reccomend Millie's as the place to go for food or coffee

Reviewed 9 July 2017

We enjoyed a nice cup of tea with complimentary chocolate. pleasant ambiance, Cakes lookd good, Comfortable.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

On entering its clean, with nice wooden tables and chairs. The staff were friendly and helpful. It's a lovely little shop. I had goats cheese salad followed by gooseberry crumble and a cappuccino they kindly gave me a chocolate with it which was very nice. It's a must visit.