All reviews air conditioning during our stay swimming pool country house garden veneto roses culture website base region destination
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

We booked for two nights after being assured that there was air conditioning and wi fi. The building is beautiful, but very poorly maintained. Bedrooms smelled musty. Wi fi only worked on the ground floor, not in the rooms. Our friends room had good a/c but a very uncomfortable mattress, lumpy and uneven. Our room had a defective air conditioner and was very warm. The bathroom had one bottle of liquid soap and no shampoo, bath gel etc.

Mrs Scalabrini charged our credit card for the full amount of the stay when we made our reservation. We explained, politely, that under the circumstances we were not willing to stay a second night and requested a refund for that night. She refused. We left as it was far too uncomfortable to remain.

This is not an acceptable situation and we will be asking our credit card company to reverse the charges. Do not be misled by other reviews. Unless your standards of comfort are very low you will not be happy here, a one star place, at best

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Collazzone
Reviewed 5 March 2016

We stayed here a few years back. Had 3 rooms. One for our family, one for my in laws, and one for my sister in law on her honeymoon. I thought the place was lovely. Simple breakfast served on elegant silver in a manicured garden with a back drop of an elegant period style villa, typical of region. It had beautiful frescoes in a few of the rooms. I really liked it, as well as our host Mariella, and thought it was a nice quiet spot off beaten path with which to explore Ravenna and Venice. The others had mixed reviews of not being able to relax as due to her intense cameras and security , and felt they could not come and go as they would want due to this. Also while Mariella was friendly; they felt as she didnt want anyone in her house. However since this is my review I will tell you that it is unique, and does have rare art work so is probably necessary to protect. We need to respect and understand there is some security and rules and you can just wander around in any room. If you accept these things and are looking for a unique accomodation, with a non sterile feeling like a hotel, you will love this place

Stayed: April 2015
Reviewed 24 August 2015

The Villa Pisani- and Pisani family- stories bring to life five centuries of Veneto history. The Contessa provides for a wonderful stay in a beautiful setting that inspires imagination and enables relaxation.

Room Tip: Leave time to sit in the garden, enjoy the pool- Villa Pisani is the destination.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank christopher0006
Reviewed 26 September 2014

Firstly I want to say that I usually read all the terrible and poor reviews on trip advisor to see what people complain about. Usually I dismiss most of the complaints as trivial and then look at the positives vs the negatives.
This is how I approached Villa Pisani.
I read the one negative review and then read all the positives. I felt that the Villa would be an amazing experience. I contacted Mariella Scalabrin directly and she was absolutely charming. Responded promptly to emails etc.
We were supposed to only be staying one night.
We arrived at the Villa Pisani which I had thought was totally surrounded by countryside.
It's in a small village.. And the entrance by car is off a residential street with a long driveway.
The frontage of the property is to a cul de sac again off the street in the village.
The grounds are huge... The property is huge. In it's hey day I think the property would have been outstanding.
Unfortunately the feeling now is that the whole estate is just too vast to maintain to a totally satisfactory level.
The house has a slightly musty smell.. Not from dirt but from age...apparently the building is over 500 years old.
We had booked two rooms. The first room we were shown to was huge... And well appointed... To a degree.... We felt as if we were in a slight time warp. Which is fine... We had read the reviews carefully and we were not necessarily expecting anything different. But in the window to the verandah.. Where presumably a portable air conditioning unit should have been there was just a square hole!
All well and good apart from the fact the villa had a swarm of small insects surrounding it due to the harvesting of the soya crops. Nature is nature and we could have coped with that if there had not been a whole in the window.
The second room was equally huge and did have a portable air conditioning unit in it.
Both rooms had large bathrooms and both rooms looked clean and I am sure they were clean. However the smell of mustiness and dust was just overwhelming.
We stepped outside onto the balcony and we started to be bitten by mosquitoes which were everywhere. Again, nature is hard to control and we cannot blame anyone for mosquitoes.

We decided however that we just felt we could not stay in Villa Pisani.. Even though we had booked and reserved the rooms. We felt very upset and embarrassed but we just could not bring ourselves to stay.
The part which was not so nice was that we explained the situation which also was because my husband had recently been ill with a lung infection and he could not cope with the dust and mustiness.
We explained this and felt that the right thing to do is to offer to pay even though we were not going to stay. We hoped that perhaps Signora Scalabrin would come towards us with regard to the payment. Sadly she didn't and we paid 3/4 of the cost of the price for the two rooms even though we didn't stay there.
Of course if you book something and change your mind an establishment has the right to charge... But... We felt under the circumstances it would have been nice if she came towards us.
I think that anyone staying at the Villa Pisani needs to really understand that once upon a time the Villa would have been amazing. Sadly the time and money I don't think is there for it to be restored to its former glory and really now is a shadow of what it once was.
Having stayed the previous night in the most outstanding boutique hotel... Which cost only 20 Euro more I think that the Villa Pisani needs to be chosen with care.....
You must fully appreciate and understand what it is and what you are getting so as not to have any disappointments.
I am trying very hard not to make this a bad review and to be as objective as possible.
All I can say is it was not for us and regrettably I personally would find it difficult to recommend.
I feel embarrassed and awkward rating it 2 stars as I understand that the income generated from stays is critical. But in all honesty I feel it would be misleading to give it higher ratings....

Stayed: September 2014
6  Thank PrincessJessie
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Nine guests, ten days. We were welcomed back to Villa Pisani at Vescovana, central staging point for Venice, Padua, Verona, Ferrara and environs. M. Mariella Scalabrin was, once again, our host. With AnnaMaria in the mornings, our breakfasts were overwhelming, and with a planned meal for dinner, or drinks al fresco under the arbor shielding the south side of the villa, we were in another world. This is not a five star hotel; it is a working villa that reflects a life gone by. The experience is for those who do not need the expected air conditioning and instant hot water of a five star hotel. Rather, it is to immerce in the experience of what Italy and its landed gentry were like long before the pressure of commerce and industrialization changed our view of the world. Excellent!

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are a must. You will learn how to open and close your shutters to keep heat at bay; tour and sit in the garden--it is healing. Enjoy the outdoor pool. Imagine a different kind of life!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business