Review Highlights
Tight / tree-lined parkland course

Located between Athenry and Oranmore. The course is very tight, with fairways very close together... read more

Reviewed 17 October 2015
PoshPaddy
Galway, Ireland
Great food

Lovely spot for lunch or dinner Always happy with dinner here. Nice setting watching golf and you... read more

Reviewed 6 August 2015
Catcat321
Ireland

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 January 2015

My last review was in January 2014 and we visited again with my parents during our latest visit in November. We were looking forward to returning.

We arrived for Sunday lunch and to be fair our meal was good, a limited menu, however, we all had a roast, plentiful portions and piping hot. The waitress was very pleasant, however a clean apron wouldn't have gone a miss.

We decided to return for lunch the next day and were really disappointed. The only things that were availible from the menu were chicken goujon wraps and smoked salmon, we were given a plentiful amount of chips to ease our disappointment......none of the dessert choices were availible either, apparently, they had sold out (we arrived at 1pm). The apron had still not been changed.

On both occasions the heating was not on and it was freezing, more so on the Monday as there were fewer people. When we commented we were advised that it should have been on.......

The Golf club has potential to be really good. Perhaps they should consider opening for food for a limited time each day and providing an enhanced standard as opposed to trying to do too much and not delivering.

2  Thank CheshireDancingqueen
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was signed in by a lady member and we played the first nine holes good greens and good club bar very good indoor facilities

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Enjoyed lunch here and as other reviewer notes, not a huge menu but generous portions, well cooked and excellent value. Would have loved to have played the course, but time did not permit, but I understand that it's well reputed and a good day out. Would go back anytime!!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We visited the golf club last Tuesday and were surprised that no other reviews have been posted.

The food is really good, not a massive menu, however, well cooked, well presented, very generous portions and fantastic value. My husband and I had chicken goujons with chips and salad, my parents had roast pork, all were piping hot and very plentiful.

The service was excellent, a lovely young lady served us and was very patient with my hard of hearing father......

The only 2 things that would have made the visit even more perfect would have been to have had a wine list. The red wine we had was lovely to be fair, however it would have been nice to have had a choice. Also, the heating was not working and had not been working since before Christmas, thankfully the January weather wasn't too harsh for us, however it was a little chilly.

All in all, a great place for a nice meal at a very reasonable price.