“Athenry Golf Club”

Add it.
Athenry Golf Club
Ranked #5 of 12 things to do in Athenry
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Enjoyed lunch here and as other reviewer notes, not a huge menu but generous portions, well cooked and excellent value. Would have loved to have played the course, but time did not permit, but I understand that it's well reputed and a good day out. Would go back anytime!!

Date of experience: May 2013

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We visited the golf club last Tuesday and were surprised that no other reviews have been posted.

The food is really good, not a massive menu, however, well cooked, well presented, very generous portions and fantastic value. My husband and I had chicken goujons with chips and salad, my parents had roast pork, all were piping hot and very plentiful.

The service was excellent, a lovely young lady served us and was very patient with my hard of hearing father......

The only 2 things that would have made the visit even more perfect would have been to have had a wine list. The red wine we had was lovely to be fair, however it would have been nice to have had a choice. Also, the heating was not working and had not been working since before Christmas, thankfully the January weather wasn't too harsh for us, however it was a little chilly.

All in all, a great place for a nice meal at a very reasonable price.

Date of experience: January 2014